Seat belt buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Seat belt buzzer

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning buzzer? I have an issue with the passenger seat warning buzzer in my TCH. It goes off at random times when I have my brief case on the passenger seat or a gym bag. One would think that these items should not be heavy enough to trigger the sensor.

The manual says to contact the dealer to get it turned off. Is there a fix I can do instead of having to go (and wait) at the dealership?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

ps Can someone point out to me how to post and add my TCH mileage at the end? I haven't figured it out.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat belt buzzer

Originally Posted by bakerx3

ps Can someone point out to me how to post and add my TCH mileage at the end? I haven't figured it out.
I'd like to know as well

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning buzzer? .
On another car I had, I was able to pull off the device, not sure about the TCH. It's annoying I know but I just deal with it

Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning buzzer? I have an issue with the passenger seat warning buzzer in my TCH. It goes off at random times when I have my brief case on the passenger seat or a gym bag. One would think that these items should not be heavy enough to trigger the sensor.

The manual says to contact the dealer to get it turned off. Is there a fix I can do instead of having to go (and wait) at the dealership?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

It shouldn't go off with less than 50 lbs.
Either you have a very hefty gym bag/brief case or the sensor in the seat has a problem.
J

Old 09-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Enthusiast

What about fastening the seat belt and then putting your briefcase or gym bag on the seat? I would think that might be safer than disabling the buzzer altogether in the event you do carry a "real" passenger some day...

Old 09-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've also looked into disabling the buzzer, and feel your pain. As you stated the dealership CAN disable just the buzzer, and the warning LIGHT will still be there...which would be a good compromise...not 'endangering' anyone, but still getting that annoying sound out of your head.

Dealership won't do it, however for liability reasons, but maybe some techie on these forums can decipher the manuals and let us know how to disable the buzzer.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

When I have had that problem I have just snapped the seatbelt in. Solves it, does not require a dealer trip.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My laptop bag weighs about 10 pounds and sets off the buzzer. I just ignore it as it goes silent after about 20 seconds.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Agree on these workarounds...but it's akin to complaining about the center console squeak with the 'workaround' being "turn up the volume on your stereo". ;-)

No offense intended to those with workaround suggestions, but I'd still submit that I'd rather be able to turn off the buzzer altogether. I'll keep those interested posted if I happen to stumble on an answer for this, but since I have trouble even changing my own oil...my discoveries are not reliable enough to hang a hat on. ;-)

Old 09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replys. It is somewhat comforting to know that it isn't an issue with only my TCH. I found it especially comical when my Beagal set it off yesterday. She's not that big!
I had thought that car manufacturers were not going to have a "seat belt buzzer" because too many people became annoyed when they went off. It stinks for me because I park in a garage for work and don't feel like buckling up for the ride down 7 floors only to have to unbuckle to get my walet out.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I want to know how to cut it off too!

Quick Reply: Seat belt buzzer

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands