Seat belt warning alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Seat belt warning alarm

I'm a big supporter of seatbelts, but was wondering how long people are capable of driving without the belts buckled before the alarm drives them totally crazy.
Sometimes I don't buckle up if I am moving the car in the driveway, or other <10 MPH driving (never on the road!)
I've never heard a more obnoxious sound and wonder if anyone was able to tolerate the sound for more than 5 or 10 seconds.
Okay, I know that this is a stupid topic.
Thanks!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Default Re: Seat belt warning alarm

I made sure the buzzing was turned off before I accepted delivery of the car. I don't put up with that crap.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Enthusiast

I got through two "remiders" before I became irritated enough to call the dealer and schedule an appointment to modify the custom parameters.

Oh well - it gave me a reason to review the other options and have some more things changed!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Im_Hy
I got through two "remiders" before I became irritated enough to call the dealer and schedule an appointment to modify the custom parameters.

Oh well - it gave me a reason to review the other options and have some more things changed!
My dealer gives me the crappola about it being a "safety issue" and won't do it (or can't do it). I'm calling another Toy shop to see if they'll do it. It is driving me bananas...

Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 PM

I never hear mine. I open the drivers door and get in. I fasten my seat belt then press the brake and power button to the ECU.

I have left the belt off on purpose once to hear the seat bell alarm. Another time I was in a hurry and my wife had distracted me. The alarm came on just at the end of our 200 foot driveway. It's a great reminder but stays off, if you use the safety belt.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:52 AM

I hate to admit it, but it is a necessary evil. We're all responsible, but the other morning I heard on the radio "...four people killed in an accident....thrown from the vehicle...not wearing seat belts...".
Sure, it's okay to tell the dealer to disable the alarm...but what if someone other than you is driving the vehicle (child, another owner, etc.)?
Being driven crazy is better than being driven to the morgue.
I started the thread not advocating driving without the belts, but to see how long anyone could endure the alarm.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:44 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by haroldo
I started the thread not advocating driving without the belts, but to see how long anyone could endure the alarm.
I can't stand it before it even gets to the fast dinging!!!! Usually one or two dings and I'm jamming on my seat belt telling the car to shut the f--- up, haha

Old 01-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got out of my car before I got in my driveway once but left the car running. When I got back in the car, I didn't buckle up (I was just pulling in the garage) and I'm pretty sure the chimes did not sound.

Interesting behavior...

Old 01-10-2008, 05:32 AM

The system (the way I've observed it) gives you a few second grace period, then a slow beep for about ten seconds, then the 'hard to miss' aggressive warning goes off. I've only tolerated it for 4 seconds, so I don't know what happens next...I can't image what it does next, I'm afraid to find out.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:40 AM
blahhhhhh!

I was driving in a parking lot one day without a seatbelt on the first time it happened, so I let it go thinking it would stop... It does eventually, but only after it sucks the sanity out of you. I'd say the fast, supremely irritating beeping lasts between one and two minutes? I don't know exactly, but I know that I'm not willing to listen to it again to find out!!!

Quick Reply: Seat belt warning alarm

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands