Side airbag cover coming apart

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Side airbag cover coming apart

For some reason, the drivers side airbag cover on the interior door frame is coming apart. I've tried pushing it back in, but I suspect that my attempts to firmly push it back in place have made it worse.

The last major service done on the vehicle was replacing the dashboard. I suspect that part of taking out the dashboard involved removing the side airbag covers.

Any tips for getting this part to stay in place?

Old 07-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Side airbag cover coming apart

Coming apart as in? Mine was popping out of clips on the ceiling end, just about qrtr inch gap. Annoying but harmless. Ever so often I'd simply press it back in.
On early models TCH had major issue with plastic clips, resulting in annoying noises. There was a lot of *****ing about it from owners.
You need to replace clips that hold it in place, if it's same issue. If it literally falls apart, I'd take it to dealer and raise hell. It's SAFETY hazard, they don't like THAT. SAFETY is big deal with Toyota. Tell them you'll have your lawyer on it. Just look like one that has lawyer.