Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

Was wondering how many have Sirus radio. I have the dealer installed Sirius tuner with the big black box in the front windshield. I have been having a staticy sound in all channles and the dealer finally replaced the tuner today with no luck. Now they say all 07 Camrys and Solaras need a jumper to reduce the static sound? Anybody hear of this or have it done? I'm wondering if it will impact the sound quality?

Old 08-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

I'm not sure if this helps....

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Toyota/11...-06/index.html

Old 08-25-2006, 03:25 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by kluken
Was wondering how many have Sirus radio. I have the dealer installed Sirius tuner with the big black box in the front windshield. I have been having a staticy sound in all channles and the dealer finally replaced the tuner today with no luck. Now they say all 07 Camrys and Solaras need a jumper to reduce the static sound? Anybody hear of this or have it done? I'm wondering if it will impact the sound quality?
I have that identical setup and am not experiencing any problems. No static.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had to install a ground loop filter in line with the line output from my satellite radio receiver (Delphi Roady XT). This made a huge difference. Got mine from curtchfield for $25 or so, but it probably won't work with the factory sirius or xm systems.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

I have been waiting a month for Sirius to be installed on my TOH. On Tuesday Toyota Customer Service told me there is a hold on them till November or December, didn't give a reason though. Been using a year old Sportsman Replay through the Aux imput, and hidding it in the console, with it's magnetic antenna on the truck lid. Works great!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry, I posted something close to this today and then saw yours sounds like my issue.

If you turn the treble down does the distortion sound go away? (sort of) Mine seems to be connected to the treble some how. I hate to double post but now that I see someone has sim issue here this is my problem, sound like yours?

Well I had the installed XM but really wanted Sirius. I made a deal with the dealer and am having issues with Sirius. The Sirus radio is a factory Toyota reciever along with HU. No FM Mod.

Issue #1
When I had XM hooked up to my Toyota Camry I swear it scrolled the letters so you could read all of the text. Now that I got Sirius it only shows 10 letters and I can't read 800 numbers or full names. It's a Toyota factor Sirus reciver that directly connects to the head unit and is not connected by FM Mod.

Issue #2
When the treble is turned up I get distortion. Crackles or sounds like distortion when someone talks, a vibration of the voice like the speakers is blown or vibrating and only when Serius is on, AM and FM are fine along with a CD. Once I turn the treble to -1 to -5 it goes away but once I turn the treble up is when I have the problem. I messed with it today, it's like the treble setting in the sirus reciver is set to high so when the treble is turned up it vibrates or distorts. I didn't have this problem with XM.

I have had the dealer check all the connections and had Sirus send another signal to my radio, no luck.

Last edited by cohort; 08-26-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nomorebenz
I just faxed this to my dealership, I will post on what he has to say when he replies. What does FJ Cruiser vehicles mean? Is that Camry as well?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by cohort
I just faxed this to my dealership, I will post on what he has to say when he replies. What does FJ Cruiser vehicles mean? Is that Camry as well?
No, an FJ Cruiser is a midsize SUV.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TKCamry
No, an FJ Cruiser is a midsize SUV.
Seems like the issue is not just with the FJ Cruiser, I hope something is done for the Camry. Any chance the 2 vehicles use the same radio/reciever that needs to be replaced?

Old 08-26-2006, 12:55 PM
"Silver Bullet" Owner
Default Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry- Solution, Switch

Originally Posted by cohort
Seems like the issue is not just with the FJ Cruiser, I hope something is done for the Camry. Any chance the 2 vehicles use the same radio/reciever that needs to be replaced?
I would think the best solution to your problem, would be to ditch Sirus & switch to XM. I had XM installed in May 2006 & have had no problems at all. Besides, I likeXM's programming better then Sirus.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio Issues on 07 Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands