Smart keys Programming problem, please helpppppp :-(

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Smart keys Programming problem, please helpppppp :-(

Hi all,
im working with smart keys programming months ago, i have a big problem now a need your help,

I have bought 15 used Camry Hybrid Smart Keys(HYQ14AAB) from ebay, different sellers, all keys supposed to be tested, when i program the keys using techstream ( after doing reset since all keys are used) the car detect some keys and some others car dont even see, 4 keys are programmed immediately on any car and another 11 refuse to program and all cars wont see when i stick the fob to the start button during the programming procedure, i checked and replaced the batteries but no joy, the led light when pressing the keys and freq is ok

any help is appreciated.

Last edited by AbuS3ood; 12-24-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Smart keys Programming problem, please helpppppp :-(

Check out this manual section.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Key registration.pdf (93.2 KB, 334 views)
Old 12-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dg370
Check out this manual section.
thanks man, its really great info, but most of the steps are the same i do and the 4 keys immediately registered, the last try i did is to keep only one key with me while programming, i used to cary two or three keys to find which one will program, i carried only one with the same results 11 fobs are fortune for me, and if didnt work its a very big loss.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I suspect that you can only have x number of key fobs registered to the system and at that point no more keys can be registered. I would not assume that the fobs are bad.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

OH wait the manual says a maximum of 7 keys can be registered. RTFM

Old 12-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

To verify all key fobs you will need to un-register key fobs before registering additional key fobs. Be careful not to erase all or you will have a bigger problem.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast

OH wait the manual says a maximum of 7 keys can be registered. RTFM

you are right, camry hybrid accepts up to 7 fobs, i always do reset which erase all keys registered and registering only two keys, the customer original key and one of my keys, sure the 11 fobs are not bad, if two or three i'll say maybe...but 11 are too much, there is a small secret or tip to make the car see these fobs

Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Enthusiast

any solutions guys? problem still exist

Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Quote "you are right, camry hybrid accepts up to 7 fobs, i always do reset which erase all keys registered and registering only two keys, the customer original key and one of my keys, sure the 11 fobs are not bad, if two or three i'll say maybe...but 11 are too much, there is a small secret or tip to make the car see these fobs"

Are you following the procedure that I posted? If you erase all keys registered then you will be purchasing a new Certification ECU or ID code box.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Certification ECU.jpg (45.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Enthusiast

Are you following the procedure that I posted? If you erase all keys registered then you will be purchasing a new Certification ECU or ID code box.
thanks for your help, i do the reset in two different ways, i never needed a certificate or id box, you'll need it if something bad occurred, the problem is not with the car system, because it identify some of my keys and ignore some, as i always say- in the same moment- some keys are programmed immediately and some others the car dont even see :'(

Quick Reply: Smart keys Programming problem, please helpppppp :-(

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands