Smart keys Programming problem, please helpppppp :-(

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Smart keys Programming problem, please helpppppp :-(

If you follow the procedure and some can consistently be erased and re-registered then the logical conclusion is that those keys that consistently fail are defective.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Enthusiast

I dont think they are defective, they are from different resources and sellers, most sellers on ebay test the keys before selling to avoid negative feedback, the led on the smartkey lights and frequency are ok.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just speculation on my part....

I asked about the credit card sized SmartKey that Toyota has for their Lexus and was told that it uses a different frequency. I suspect that frequency is not the correct term but rather the types of chips used in the key itself. If the SmartKey that came from eBay are from different regions (continents) it may be the same issue, that the chips in the SmartKeys are meant for a different car module.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOFH
Just speculation on my part....

I asked about the credit card sized SmartKey that Toyota has for their Lexus and was told that it uses a different frequency. I suspect that frequency is not the correct term but rather the types of chips used in the key itself. If the SmartKey that came from eBay are from different regions (continents) it may be the same issue, that the chips in the SmartKeys are meant for a different car module.
you are right, all my fobs are from USA and the cars are from USA, the remotes has the same fcc id and the same part no's for the chips and IC's inside :-(

Old 01-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid, it came with one wireless key, I got a key on eBay & Techstream 12 sees the car, that there is one associated key and I can get as far as asking it to register the new key but then it looses communication.

Anyone know how to get it to register the second key?

Thanks