Speaker Reverberating

Old 04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Fabulous in Green
Exclamation Speaker Reverberating

At least I think it's a reverberation. Some people might call it vibrating or a buzz noise. Nevertheless, since yesterday morning, when Susan (that's the name I gave my navigator) speaks, you can hear this echo-ish/vibrating noise. I tried lowering the volume and it still doesn't work. Is there something wrong with my speakers? Or, is there any way I can fix it.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Speaker Reverberating

Is the speaker blown? Have you been 'cranking' the stereo (or do you have teen aged kids)?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 AM
SPL

g.theory — Try using the Fader and Balance controls to put the voice signal into only one speaker at a time. In this way you can determine whether the problem is a vibration in one speaker (and door?) only, or if the problem is with the signal itself. Susan's voice may be directed to the driver's speakers only. If so, this idea won't work; but if the problem occurs only with her voice, and not on other sources, I'd suspect a problem with the radio. If the problem does occur with other sources, my original idea should let you isloate it.

Stan

Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Similar, but different...I heard a mild vibration, buzz, noise (?) while listening to an AM Radio station, it wasn't there when I checked a few FM stations. It occurred when the news reader was speaking, only. Is it possible that his voice resonated at a certain frequency that made this buzz?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Fabulous in Green

No kids. If anything, I'm the biggest kid. I don't crank up the radio at all.

If Susan's voice only comes out on the driver's side, so how is the radio affected as well? CD's and my iPod is CRYSTAL clear with no sign of reverberation. It's weird.

Oh, and this morning, the buzzing is not as bad, but a faint buzz.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 AM
SPL

g.theory — The voice signal is generated by the radio unit and sent to the amplifier unit under the passenger's seat, which drives the speakers. The radio controls how the signal is apportioned between the different speakers. Voice prompt signals are, I think, sent only to the front-left speakers, and probably can't be directed to any of the other speakers by using the Balance and Fader controls. All other signals can be directed to any of the speakers through the use of the Balance and Fader controls.

Stan