Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
JMV
Enthusiast
Default Spoiler

Have any of u guys got spoilers on the TCH...if so could u post some photos...just wondering what it would look like..havent seen any on 07 camrys...

Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Spoiler

You can see some pictures of TCH with and without spoilers that's already been uploaded to the photo gallery on this site.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/category40.html

Old 12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Pragmatist

Has anyone done any actual aerodynamic testing of the body with and without the spoiler? Ask another way -- Does a spoiler help, or hurt, the vehicle performance? By how much? Is there any actual data?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Dazed and Confused

With the size of the camry spoiler, I can't see how it would affect the performace any good or bad.

I got mine just for looks.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast

The Canadian version of the spoiler is quite clunky. I think it would have a negative effect on drag. I wish the lip kit spoiler in the US was available in Canada. The SE Camry comes equipped with the lip kit spoiler in Canada, but they won't sell it to me for installation on the TCH.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

My wife likes the way it looked.. She also liked the way the spoiler looked on the Sienna..

Both vehicles are far from the scrutiny of drag coefficients.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Speaking of spoilers.......how hard are they to install?? I have found a site that sells them and it doesn't really explain what is required to install them. I imagine it doesn't require drilling or screws but uses adhesives? Anyone out there know how they are installed? Thanks in advance..!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CJO2007CamryHyb
Speaking of spoilers.......how hard are they to install?? I have found a site that sells them and it doesn't really explain what is required to install them. I imagine it doesn't require drilling or screws but uses adhesives? Anyone out there know how they are installed? Thanks in advance..!
I think I read in a previous post that holes need to be drilled, but I am not sure. I also think I saw an installation template on a web site.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TomS
I think I read in a previous post that holes need to be drilled, but I am not sure. I also think I saw an installation template on a web site.
You need to drill about 6 holes in you rear deck lid, as well as a couple of access holes on the inside of the trunk lid. If you buy a genuine Toyota kit, it comes with an installation template and all the hardware. I bought my kit for about $200 pre-painted from one of the Toyota dealers on EBay. If you are faint at heart about drilling holes in your car, then let a professional do the install.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Enthusiast

Hi flopshot... can you show a pic of your rear with the spoiler? Thanks. BTW, I had mine installed for $299 cos I am faint of heart to drill those holes into my rear deck

Originally Posted by flopshot
You need to drill about 6 holes in you rear deck lid, as well as a couple of access holes on the inside of the trunk lid. If you buy a genuine Toyota kit, it comes with an installation template and all the hardware. I bought my kit for about $200 pre-painted from one of the Toyota dealers on EBay. If you are faint at heart about drilling holes in your car, then let a professional do the install.

Quick Reply: Spoiler

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands