Suggestion to make forums easier to understand

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Suggestion to make forums easier to understand

Apparently, the NAV and non-NAV cars perform certain functions differently.
Each of us has a profile page located in User CP.
Might I suggest each of us add to the car's description whether it is a NAV or not.
A lot of confusion in threads results from people discussing the same function between the two versions.
Thanks!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Suggestion to make forums easier to understand

Great idea...I've added that, my OEM Tire Mfg and place of manufacture...KY is supposed to equal Georgetown rather than Jelly.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:30 AM

There are actually three varients. Non-NAV, NAV, and Canadian NAV. The distinction being that Canadian NAV offers all of the "standard" NAV features and screens, but none of the hybrid energy screens. That really sucks, by the way.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

what is missing I have a 2009 with nav and it has all the functions you state are missing, my friend also bought a 2009 with nav and she has all the functions too, could this be a mistake for the canadian model

tim from delta

Old 05-30-2008, 06:02 AM

In Canada, for the 2007 model year for sure and possibly the others, the NAV system is dealer installed. Toyota Canada made the decision to only stock the regular Camry NAV system, and not the one specific to the Hybrid. Therefore, all Canadian Camry Hybrid owners that took NAV got stuck without the hybrid energy screens.

Most of us, including me, didn't know that until after delivery. The salesman even touted the energy screens as a feature - referring to the marketing material, which doesn't say otherwise.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
In Canada, for the 2007 model year for sure and possibly the others, the NAV system is dealer installed. Toyota Canada made the decision to only stock the regular Camry NAV system, and not the one specific to the Hybrid. Therefore, all Canadian Camry Hybrid owners that took NAV got stuck without the hybrid energy screens.

Most of us, including me, didn't know that until after delivery. The salesman even touted the energy screens as a feature - referring to the marketing material, which doesn't say otherwise.
If true...sounds like a Canadian Class Action or perhaps too for U.S. Cross Border purchasers who sought the TCH