Take a tip, leave a tip.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Take a tip, leave a tip.

It might be helpful to have a thread where members add tips or suggestions related to the TCH that might not be obvious. To help the thread stay uncluttered, I'd request that replies by new tips or suggestions as opposed to "thanks" replies or questions, since the thread could quickly get unwieldy with multiple topics. Questions should be in a new thread.
Thanks!
Okay, I'll start...
I was sitting in the car waiting for someone, so I spent a few minutes reading the manual.

Did you know...
  • In the storage compartment (below the radio/nav) there is a punch out piece from both the inside and outside where wires can be run. If you have an MP3 player attached to the AUX output or a device connected to the power outlet, you can leave the door to the compartment closed and have the wires come out of the passenger side wall
  • You can lower the volume of the 'phone lady'. I like to press the DISP button when I am driving and sometimes I press the TALK button by mistake. The default volume usually wakes up sleepy passengers. The choice is found under Setup/System Setup

Old 03-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Take a tip, leave a tip.

When opening the trunk manualy, with the FOB in close proximity, (in a pocket or purse) it is not necesary to continue to "squeeze" or "press up" on the release until the trunk opens. Just give it a quick "squeeze" and let go....this will open the trunk lid in a second or two.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Enthused Driver
Default Re: Take a tip, leave a tip.

One that I learned from the iGuide was how to change the number of doors unlocked by the Smart Key.

My car defaulted to opening just the driver's door. To have the smart key unlock all of the doors, Press the 'Lock' button at the same time as any other button on the smart key while the ignition is off. After a few seconds, there will be 2 beeps. Now all 4 doors will unlock. To go back to having just the drivers door open, follow the same steps. This time, 3 beeps will sound.