TAKING the PLUNGE, upgrading 2007 Stereo to OEM 2010 and Blu-tooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default TAKING the PLUNGE, upgrading 2007 Stereo to OEM 2010 and Blu-tooth

I am tired of my BT sounding horrible to others. For the most part, it lacks noise cancellation, and since I do a TON of highway travel, people complain about the highway noise and how that makes it hard to understand me.

So I am going to change speed. I am starting to see some of the 2010 OEM Disc Changers for sale, so I am going to grab one of those, and one of the Blu-logic systms from Toyota, and toss those in my car, when I get the chance.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
From what I can see, the pin-outs on the stereo system, look the same.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: TAKING the PLUNGE, upgrading 2007 Stereo to OEM 2010 and Blu-tooth

You don't mention if you have the OEM 2007 Toyota bluetooth/NAV system.
I have that system and I've asked a number of people how I sounded (they all sounded great) and they tell me I sound like I'm standing right next to them..

I think a lot has to do with your phone. I was on a Palm Treo 700P and am now on a Palm Pre'. The Pre has it's own little BT quirks, but so far no complaints about sound quality...

Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Enthusiast

I just have the Factory OEM 6-disk changer.. with Bluetooth, from JBL...
It does not sound good at all. I guess the wind rushing by, the car noise distorts stuff, when I am talking to people. And makes it hard to hear...

I have tried all manner of phones...
Star tac- PPC-6700
HTC MOGUL
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro2 (Current)

BB Curve 8830
BB 8870

Even with my NAV system, and a variety phones (referring to my first 07 Camry Hybrid, with NAV, and not this one) people had problems hearing me...

The HTC Touch Pro2's BT is phenominal... it sounds awesome. I have tried it with maybe 4 headsets, and 3 of them have sounded just fine...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default BT input volume and Jawbone Prime

Did you try turning up the Bluetooth mic volume via hidden menu on the MFD? That helped w/my former Motorola RAZR V3m on Sprint. I did a bunch of trial and error w/a friend. (Adjusting the volume via steering wheel and non-hidden buttons on the MFD won't help.)

That said, I've had people sometimes complain that they can't hear me well via the factory BT on my 06 w/nav, esp. w/my iPhone 3G. Complaints include not being able to hear every other word, that I sound very high pitched or that I sound like I'm on a speakerphone.

When I used an original Jawbone headset on the V3m, people said I sounded really good and they couldn't tell I was driving. Since that headset got stolen (long story), I now have a Jawbone Prime w/my iPhone 3G people I asked say they can't tell I'm driving even when I'm on the highway.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

cwerdna,

Since this does not appear to be in the FAQ, can you post a link to how to adjust the volume via the MFD? Thanks

Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Whoops! I just realized this is about the HyCam and not the Prius. So, the directions at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-p...ne-volume.html may not work at all.

I still stand by getting a Jawbone Prime BT headset instead.