TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
Default TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Anyone know how to allow a user to access the full capabilities of the TCG Navigation when driving? I tried pushing the bottom left corner, top left corner, bottom left corner, top left corner at the volume screen from SETUP but nothing works.

Is there another method?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
mikieboyblue's Avatar
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid Hudson Valley, New York
Posts: 1,389
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
Anyone know how to allow a user to access the full capabilities of the TCG Navigation when driving? I tried pushing the bottom left corner, top left corner, bottom left corner, top left corner at the volume screen from SETUP but nothing works.

Is there another method?
You have to create a hacked version using the v5.1 LOADING.KWI file. There a ton of posts on this.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t173730.html
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...light=nav+hack

And for more search this forum for "nav hack."

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 04-28-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 945
Arrow Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Or, you could just swap your 50th Anniversary TCH for mine that already has 5.1 installed!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieboyblue View Post
You have to create a hacked version using the v5.1 LOADING.KWI file. There a ton of posts on this.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t173730.html
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...light=nav+hack

And for more search this forum for "nav hack."
I tried nero trying to burn the Data Disk but it claims that there is not enough space. I have an 8.4 GB blank disk. Am I missing something here in setting it up?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 66
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I tried nero trying to burn the Data Disk but it claims that there is not enough space. I have an 8.4 GB blank disk. Am I missing something here in setting it up?
I did not have any luck with Nero. I used ONES (Optical New Edge Storage - search for it on the web) and it worked great.

I use the override about everytime I drive around - mainly for the ability to dial a phone number as well as entering addresses.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 945
Arrow Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

If anyone can make an extra copy of their v6.1 hacked disk, please send me a private message. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 519
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I tried nero trying to burn the Data Disk but it claims that there is not enough space. I have an 8.4 GB blank disk. Am I missing something here in setting it up?
Yes, you're missing one little thing: never use Nero for burning discs. it's the worst program I've ever used for burning anything. If you want good program to burn discs, download ImageBurn.exe from Lightning, UK it's free.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete4 View Post
Yes, you're missing one little thing: never use Nero for burning discs. it's the worst program I've ever used for burning anything. If you want good program to burn discs, download ImageBurn.exe from Lightning, UK it's free.
Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to be burning. I will have to see if this replaced file does the trick.

I hope the disk doesn't get stuck or I'll have some explaining to do at the dealership when they have to take it out.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to be burning. I will have to see if this replaced file does the trick.

I hope the disk doesn't get stuck or I'll have some explaining to do at the dealership when they have to take it out.

I burned the disk however the push button 'hack part' doesn't work. I need to unplug the Minus lead to the battery. Now where is that darn toolbox?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Posts: 1,068
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I burned the disk however the push button 'hack part' doesn't work. I need to unplug the Minus lead to the battery. Now where is that darn toolbox?
Or just yank the NAV's fuse.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Topic Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAV - Hacks to unlock the blocked features jagbagri Toyota Camry Hybrid 78 03-10-2014 04:54 PM
defrost AC hacks traceypowers Honda Insight 7 11-25-2009 02:00 PM
Navigation hidden screens/hacks not working in 7.1? mikecism Toyota Camry Hybrid 11 05-19-2009 10:08 AM
Civic (Gen 1) "Hacks"? Olhado Honda Civic Hybrid 4 03-19-2006 11:07 AM
Any hacks, alternate ROMS, etc.? dagman Ford Escape Hybrid 8 07-14-2005 09:26 PM


Tags
camry, disc, dvd, edge, ford, fuse, hack, hacks, highlander, hybrid, nav, navigation, play, screen, system, toyota

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 AM.