TCH 07 Floormat refund? recall means what?

Old 11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default TCH 07 Floormat refund? recall means what?

So we are told to remove the all weather floormat from our TCH but is that all TOYOTA company is telling us?

I bought the all weather floor mat back in early 08 or end of 07 and in mid 08, I received a letter from my dealer saying about the recall and all they did when I went in was cut some corners of the driver's side floormat.

Now after that there are reports of crashes and we are told to remove the driver's side floormat,

Don't we get a refund of the floormat purchase?

What is latest regarding this?

I still have the floor mat in my TCH.

Did u guys remove your all weather floor mat?

Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Malcontent
Default Re: TCH 07 Floormat refund? recall means what?

I got a recall letter a long time ago. The mats don't seem to be the problem as long as you don't stack layer upon layer of them in the footwell. They're secured quite well. I have no intention of removing them or allowing a dealer to alter them.

I'm already irritated enough by dealers letting air out of my tires and using 10W30 for oil changes.