TCH Interior LED Lighting List

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Interior LED Lighting List

Forgive this very newbie question (after having looked through your gallery some more I really like the look of the cold cathode tubes) but:

IIRC those cold cathode tubes typically come with molex connectors for use with PC power supplies. How did you wire that into the car's power system?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by MalkavianX
Forgive this very newbie question (after having looked through your gallery some more I really like the look of the cold cathode tubes) but:

IIRC those cold cathode tubes typically come with molex connectors for use with PC power supplies. How did you wire that into the car's power system?
I cut the connector off.

Basically, I used Velcro to attach the tubes to the top of the trunk. (I bought an extra set, as I assume that I'll end up breaking one someday) The inverter came with a PC Molex connector that I cut off. I then attached the power to the socket for the trunk light. The socket lends itself nicely to this. I kept a small LED bulb in the socket to hold the wires in place.

I'm a big fan of NOT cutting ANY stock wiring.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM
0__o

What color(s) did you pick? Are you happy with your choice?

Available with Cool White Warm White Blue Green Red Amber LEDs

Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Professional Hacker

I went with "Cool White" (4700k i think) for all the LEDs. and i'm VERY happy with them.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
0__o

"Cool", thanks!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Professional Hacker

Oh My Gawd!

You have to remove the front bumper and the headlights to get to the turn signals!

I really want the side markers and turn signals to be LED too, but **** - I'm not sure if I want to dedicate that much time to them!

*sigh* that's 29 watts of power just for the running lights... another 42 for the turn signals. I'm going to have to think about this one.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

So, for the interior and license plate lights, is it just a matter of swapping out the bulbs? I've always been envious of the LED license plate lights on the Lexus.
Also, do the interior lights still have the dimming function on power down with these LED bulbs?
Thanks!

Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Professional Hacker

Yes, they are a direct swap. As for dimming, the dome light does still dim. None of the Map/Reading/Vanity lights ever dim.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Enthusiast

Cool! Thanks for the quick turnaround response. To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure which of the lights dimmed in the interior. I will order mine now.
Thanks

Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Professional Hacker

I was actually thinking about making up a kit for a full LED/HID replacement. I would have loved to have a kit that contained everything needed for all of the lighting.

Quick Reply: TCH Interior LED Lighting List

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands