TCH Radio Trim Plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't like Green Beer
Default TCH Radio Trim Plate

Has anyone had any experience in changing the Radio/Nav trim plate. The TCH is a great car but I'm having thoughts of changing the radio plate from (Thunderbird) blue to some kind of blacked out trim. I think that would look better, especially at night. 1st tank only 29 mpg, am I doing something wrong?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Radio Trim Plate

Not sure if you meant to put this in the TCH sub-forum but this was posted in the Saturn forum.

I don't know about changing the face plates out but that is something I would love to do. The blue around the radio/nav is the one thing I don't like about the TCH. I think Toyota could have taken some lessons from Honda when designing the front dash cluster (color wise).

As far as gas mileage you should see an improvement. Do a search in the TCH forum. There are many great tips on how to improve your mileage...

Welcome aboard.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Don't like Green Beer

thanks but I did mean the TCH forum. I don't care for the blue and I thought maybe a custom guy could do this. without trying it should just pop out with a plastic dash tool but I'm not sure. and by the way, another TCH owner told me he also did not like the blue frame.

I too think the gas mileage will improve with time, thank you.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Boot.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ditto, when I took a look at the car that is one thing I pointed out to my girlfriend -- "the hideous blue".... It looked translucent, is this the case? If so it might look a lot better by just removing it. Since I don't have the car yet I can't play around but I promise you, as I told her, "it has to go."

Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast
Arrow Re: TCH Radio Trim Plate

Has anyone been successful in replacing the radio/nav surround plate. I really want to get rid of that hideous blue if possible.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

One guy on Toyotanation is working on a vinyl overlay that will fit around the piece I believe. I'll update my post if and when I find something out.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nobody has found a way to get into the face plate to change the color. As kris mentioned, the only way right now is to put a colored overlay on top of it.