Thinking of getting a rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Thinking of getting a rear spoiler

Originally Posted by wiredup
can you share the ebay seller/company name or link?
Sure!

Here ya go!

ebay item # 160349367330

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Last edited by jbollt; 07-21-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM

I've installed the lip spoiler, and I am very happy...and impressed. The product is every bit as good as advertised on ebay, and the shipping was very fast. The installation instructions were generic, rather than Camry specific. But with a very little bit of common sense, and a quick call to the toll free help line, the install went very easy. I did it alone, without a helper, and it took me about 30 min. I parked next to an '08 Camry with the spolier, which I assume is the factory unit, and it looks exactly the same.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Along for the ride.....

Can you give us a brief overview of what the install consisted of?

Thanks

Old 07-31-2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mainer
Can you give us a brief overview of what the install consisted of?

Thanks
Sure! Bascialy the spoiler has 4 threaded holes on the bottom. They give you four plastic strips (about half inch by 6 inches) that each have a small plastic stud that easily pushes into these holes on the bottom of the spoiler. The strips are then taped to the trunk lid, and stay there as you pull away the spoiler. You then use the studs to locate the holes that need to be drilled.

Yes, I had an mild anxiety attack over drilling into my brand new car, but since I decided it was going to have a spoler, if I made a mistake, it would be covered by the spoiler anyway!

These plastic studs have a divit in the top, kind of like a crater on a volcano. You then drill the small pilot holes in the trunk lid down thru these small studs. After these pilot holes are made, you use a larger drill bit to make the correct size hole. The inside trunk lid liner is easily removed, and the screws are inserted up thru the holes and screwed into tthe spoiler. Two people would make it easire, but I used tape to hold the spoiler in place while I attached the screws. There is a rubber gasket with sticky on one side which gets attached around the base of the bottom of the sopiler to keep water out. I also used touch up paint to rust proof the insides of the holes I drilled. It doesn't have to be the correct color, as it will never be seen!

Any questions, fell free to ask. I might try to post a pic, if I get time.

Jeff