Three power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default Three power windows not working

All my power windows except the driver-side window are not rolling down when I press the button on the window itself or the button on the driver-side window panel. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this is I loaded a bunch of stuff into my car (moving) that may have weighed it down. But it was just clothes and regular household things, not heavy machines or appliances or furniture.

Has this happened to anyone and can anyone suggest any potential quick fixes?

Old 03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Three power windows not working

Double check the window lock on the drivers door. When the button is pushed (or fails closed) the drivers window is unaffected but none of the other windows will operate.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KimikoPi
All my power windows except the driver-side window are not rolling down when I press the button on the window itself or the button on the driver-side window panel.
It sure sounds like you pressed the lockout button for the power windows...

Try pressing it and see if the other 3 power windows start working! It is easy to hit by accident.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Wow I didn't even know there was a lockout button. I guess it's great when you're kidnapping people....? I will try that after work.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Pragmatist

The lockout button is there to prevent kids from playing with the windows (and potentially hurting themselves) while you are trying to drive. I don't think I have ever seen a car with power windows that didn't have one.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM

Just out of curiosity, can the original poster confirm that it was in fact just the lockout button causing the issue in this case?

Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Yes it was the power lockout button.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Man Rule #12: Never abandon your post!

Someone else may have the same problem someday and need the info.

Cars have gotten so complicated over the years that it's sometimes overwhelming when we have a problem. We don't know where to start, because there are so many things that could be wrong.

And the monster size manual originally written in a different language doesn't help matters much, either.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by RadioTek

And the monster size manual...
I'm one of the few that likes to read the manual (just to see what 'goodies' there are...including the panel that you can remove to run the auxiliary input wires through so you can leave the forward compartment closed while using an MP3 player).
As a matter of fact, I read the 2007 (online) manual before buying my 2008 and when the dealer was walking me through a few aspects of the car on the day I got it, I politely corrected him about a few things. I also spent a few weeks at this forum before buying the car.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Pragmatist

I have noticed that recently, many new products do not come with paper manuals. Instead, they come with a little brochure that gives essential safety information, and an invitation to visit the web site to register the product. The web site also has more information about the product, often including "support" pages and down-loadable manuals. I find the web sites to be much more useful than thick paper manuals, mainly because they are easier to search.

These cars have built-in computers (at least, the ones with navigation). In addition to putting product information on a web site, the manual information could be put in a browser-like interface right on the touch screen for use while sitting in the car (and, not driving, of course). The only parts that really need to be on paper are the safety-related items, and how to access the electronic manuals.

Quick Reply: Three power windows not working

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands