Time To Fess Up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Time To Fess Up...

This past Sunday morning, the toll road was completely empty, and with no sign of life anywhere in sight, I felt the need... I said THE NEED, Bruthas and sistas... FOR SPEED!

I punched my TCH and came up with a whopping 122 mph jet streak before the electronic governor kicked in!

I know this board is all about keeping it green, but if Al Gore III... , well never mind. But it was the test of this sled that I needed and I'm happy with it.
BTW MPG was shown as slightly more than 20 ... Given that, any other old speeders or gear heads who had muscle cars early on and never got it out of their system wanna fess up too?

Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Time To Fess Up...

Al's son would be proud of you!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Duuuuuuuude!

Did you have the Vicodins and a fat sack of the killer chronic next to you?

NO! I don't have any confessions to make. I am a recovering speed demon. From my 350, 4-barrel powered Chevelle when I was 16 that I once got cited for 115 in a 55, to the inline aluminum head I grenaded on my S90 Volvo while spanking some young brats next to me at a light who wanted to race... to the lightweight V-6 GM POS that earned me 3 speeding tickets in a year.

And I don't even want to get into the incident surrounding the Alabama State Police and how they decided to fark with me while driving my pimp-daddy rental, with Georgia tags, heading out of Meridian, Mississippi back to ATL for my ride home one fine morning. THAT was bogus.

But I digress... part of the reason I got this car was to slow my azz down a bit. Knock-wood... not one ticket in 7 months.

Anyway, good work old chap! Governated at 122 huh. I will keep that in mind.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think governor kicks in at 118MPH, give or take 4 MPH speedo error on high side. I've been trying to get to some empty road and open mine up, but it's nothing but traffic around here and I feel lucky if I zoom at 20 MPH on local parkways. At least they got the name right calling them parkways ie. large parking lots. Mind you I was hoping for 125-130 MPH.

Originally Posted by WJBushSr
This past Sunday morning, the toll road was completely empty, and with no sign of life anywhere in sight, I felt the need... I said THE NEED, Bruthas and sistas... FOR SPEED!

I punched my TCH and came up with a whopping 122 mph jet streak before the electronic governor kicked in!

I know this board is all about keeping it green, but if Al Gore III... , well never mind. But it was the test of this sled that I needed and I'm happy with it.
BTW MPG was shown as slightly more than 20 ... Given that, any other old speeders or gear heads who had muscle cars early on and never got it out of their system wanna fess up too?

Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJBushSr

Been there, done that...but I could have sworn I got past 122 in our TCH...I remember slowing down on my own, not hitting the limiter...hmmm, guess I'll have to test it again one day!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've hit 115 (it may have been more but that's where I saw the needle once I let off the gas)on my HCH I, but I think I could have gone a little quicker but I was waiting for the governer to kick in (I thought it would kick in at 115). Again, it was wide open, 4 lanes, no one on, so I wasn't putting anybody in danger other than myself.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
teh nuberz

edited

Last edited by ryanw; 07-11-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Just getting rolling ...

I've done about 115 in my HCHI. Considerably more in my S2000

But, you know, on the race course ... of course.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had mine up to 100 over the weekend. Trying to get around traffic that doesn't know how to go a consistent speed. I would set the cruise at 75 and would constantly have to hit the brake and regain speed. So in a clearing I put the pedal to the metal to get around the retards. It was smooth sailing from there on

Old 07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

151 mph in a 65 mph zone. This was in a C5 corvette, not the TCH. No tickets (that stuck) in the last 20 years or so. I think the highest I have had the TCH is around 100 when passing.

Quick Reply: Time To Fess Up...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands