Time to say goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default Time to say goodbye

Well folks, it's been fun but it's time to say goodbye. I thought we had a solution to the posting of ads as a sticky within the forum but the owner prefers to do that instead of letting them have a banner or some other style of ad instead. I do not agree with that so it's time to go.

I wanted everyone here to know that I have enjoyed my time on this forum and hopefully I have helped a few over the years. If anyone ever gets stuck, you can find me at the garage journal or the garage gazette.

It's been a hoot,

David

Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Time to say goodbye

one last chance to send a message to owners https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...e-owner-25696/

Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 AM

David,

I for one sure hate to see you go. You seem to be on target with your information and suggestions for helping people with their car problems.

You have been a great help to me and the others in these green-hybrid forms.

I'm sure the other forms are lucky to have your input.

Jimmy

Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rburt07
David,

I for one sure hate to see you go. You seem to be on target with your information and suggestions for helping people with their car problems.

You have been a great help to me and the others in these green-hybrid forms.

I'm sure the other forms are lucky to have your input.

Jimmy

Same goes for me.

Thanks so much, David.

Ever think of hanging out at myhybridcar ?

Jack

Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 PM

I hate to see you go. You have been a great asset to the forum. Would you reconsider? You have given me good reliable advise. If you won't reconsider would you consider sending me an address where you can be reached in a private message?

Ron

Old 12-10-2010, 05:59 AM

Ron,
As people leave, if they don't return, they might not see your request.
However, if you send them a private message he might be alerted to the message with an e-mail from the site (assuming he set it up this way), so it's more likely they'll be aware of your interest in staying in touch.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Administrator

well, I hope he would reconsider.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:11 AM

I think it's already too late.
The activity in the forum seemed to have steadily declined over the months, but of late, IMHO, there seems to be very little interest. Not sure if that's because the TCH is a car and eventually, you know all that you need to about the car (unlike computer forums where every day there is a new question), thus the lack of interest in the forum...or in response to the owner's policy.

I've visited many differnt forums, on a wide variety of interest. Eventually, some just die out due to lack of interest. I think this one is destined for that fate.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
lzc
Active Enthusiast

Operators of these types of forums face a dilemma. Users want them to be free of cost and (almost) free of ads. But unobtrusive ads don't generate enough revenue to cover costs. What to do?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by lzc
Operators of these types of forums face a dilemma. Users want them to be free of cost and (almost) free of ads. But unobtrusive ads don't generate enough revenue to cover costs. What to do?
Why not limit advertisements to things we might want? We could do discounted, group buys on parts and supplies and generate a kickback to the site owners. Think of the possibilities: Filters, (the right) oil, headlamps, stereo upgrades, crash parts, suspension parts, upgraded brakes, scan tools. You could cross link to places like tirerack.com.

You get a couple of guys like David on here and I for one would gladly pay a membership fee for 'premium content'.

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands