Tinting

Old 06-12-2006, 03:42 PM
mak
Banned
Default Tinting

I've been hearing alot of good things about FormulaOne Pinnacle series, but the lowest price I have gotten was $305 for all windows. I live in So Cal. Any one have any recommendations for shops? Is this tint brand worth the price? If not what other non metallic tint brands do you recommend?

Old 06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Tinting

I've always wanted tint but I can't stand something that is not perfect. Is it really possible for a person to install this stuff and it look good long term? That is trimed good, no bubbles and no scratches?

I sure wish it was an option to be laminated in the glass

Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
HSD Organic Interface

WV, I would second that. I've been pondering tint too, but it's got to be 100%. Film seems second best way to go but what other choice is there?

Old 06-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

In the HCH forum HCH-Jun paid $160 to have a Civic tinted
Link

Anyone know of a good place for tinting in the San Diego/Escondido area? I want to get the rear window and perhaps the rear side windows tinted. Way too much sun comes in the rear window...

Old 06-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

I had my Ford Taurus done in Moreno Valley 7 years ago. Great job too bad it faded recently. Otherwise good for $125. My friends are getting Limo tint - dark! The dealer in Temecula is tinting all his hybrids and other cars and adding $2500-4000 to the price for chrome wheels and tint. What a ripoff!

Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 PM

Any advice on how much tint to get? I don't want the "limo" look, but do want to reduce the heat and UV comming in. I found a shop that uses the 3M CS "nano carbon polyester". It doesn't interfer with the radio/sat and has a "no purple guarantee" 3M Link

I'm debating getting the front side windows done with a 60% tint. I don't know if it is that noticable at night. I'm looking for advise. I'd love to do something to reduce the noon sun on my legs from the front window - but I think I'll live with it for now and at least keep the windshield legal. I'm concerned that a 60% tint on the windshield would be too noticable when driving at night.

If I do go for the 60% on the front side windows, should I do the back the same or darker to match the rear window?

Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Hybrid Head

Mine are 10% all around.

I think most of you will be happy with 45% on the front and 35% in the back windows.

$130 out the door w/ lifetime warranty

At 60% why even get tinted?

Mine is pretty dark at night but ohhh does it keep my car cool during the day.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:23 AM

Huber Optik DREI. Ceramic. Best available. $590 installed with tax. Did that the second day I had my car.

Got a good test of it on a trip to Texas last week from Phoenix. Outside temp was about 103 degrees when I left town, sun was shining through the front windshield.

I touched the dash after about an hour on the road. Dash surface was EXTREMELY HOT to the touch. Almost "burn you" hot.

Touched the plastic on my driver side door, near the edge of the window back by the back of the door, where the Huber Optik was protecting the plastic from the sun's glare - almost COOL to the touch.

This stuff is PRICEY but WORTH IT when you live in Phoenix.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:40 AM

Huber Optik would be my first choice. Formula One is my second. Especially because I live in Phoenix. But, still useful anywhere else, too. Unfortunately, my car came tinted already when I bought it. With the cheap/usual stuff. If I didn't run the risk of damaging the rear defroster, I'd pull that stuff right off and get the better tint, right now. I don't know. It's freakin' hot now. I just might take the chance...

Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 AM

Where do you find Huber Optik? I did a Google seacrh. Aside from finding it on a couple of chat boards I only found links in German.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tinting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands