Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tinting

The only place I have personally ever seen Huber Optik offered is at Danny's Family Car Wash in Phoenix and in Scottsdale, AZ.

I have not looked in other major cities (why would I?) but I'd bet that in some of the WARM weather cities, the higher end tint places do carry and install H.O. I bet you can get it in LA and NYC and probably Miami.

It seems to be rare - I have done the Google searches myself.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Hybrid Head

The price you pay for the tinting I think should also depend on the climate you live as well. In a place like Arizona I have no doubt it is worth that price. Luckily I live near the mountains so $590 would be out of my price range.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Enthusiast

I had my car tinted 2 weeks ago with limo, in back and 50% in front. It looks great and is a lot cooler. Only problem, now my AM radio does not get a good signal and the FM lost about 10% of its signal. Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Hybrid Head

Originally Posted by aslterp7
I had my car tinted 2 weeks ago with limo, in back and 50% in front. It looks great and is a lot cooler. Only problem, now my AM radio does not get a good signal and the FM lost about 10% of its signal. Any suggestions are welcome.
I am assuming the tint that your installers used were the metallic based ones. That is why you are having reception problems. I have also heard that metallic tint will mess with the Navi GPS as well. That is why I went with non-metallic.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aslterp7
Best to avoid metalic tint due to interference with radio waves. I tinted with the new 3M Presteige product and no affect at all (http://www.3m.com/us/arch_construct/.../products.html)

Old 07-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mak
I've been hearing alot of good things about FormulaOne Pinnacle series, but the lowest price I have gotten was $305 for all windows. I live in So Cal. Any one have any recommendations for shops? Is this tint brand worth the price? If not what other non metallic tint brands do you recommend?
Thats actualy a decent price and probably a great price in CA. I have use Formula One for 14 years on my cars, and i get the Ceramic on th ebackwindow and metal based film on the sides, looks great lasts real good and is durable. I just had my TCH done Monday for $350 + tax in ATL. I don't even shop around these guys have done all my cars for years and have been in business 26 years same location, find many tint places that are around 3 or more years!

Last edited by kluken; 07-27-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TCHandler
I am assuming the tint that your installers used were the metallic based ones. That is why you are having reception problems. I have also heard that metallic tint will mess with the Navi GPS as well. That is why I went with non-metallic.
I used to have same issue, until I started using ceramic based tint in the back window. Had to in last car due to nav, but I noticed my AM was radio was fine, unlike previous cars where once i had the rear tinted radio reception degraded.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 PM

I doubt my tint is ceramic, since the dealer did it. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing they went the cheap route. It's not easy to get a vehicle from the dealer that isn't pre-tinted, being in AZ and all.

But I digress...

I believe my tint is metallic, and I've yet to have a problem with AM, FM, or Navi. I chalk it up to being lucky. I've heard of various degrees of problems with metallic tint on the Acura forums.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:52 PM

Now that I think about it, the only problems I'd have with metallic tint is Navi, since the AM/FM/XM antennas are outside of the car in the HAHs. And, the Navi works great!

Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

Where is the am/fm radio antenna on the TCH? The tinter offered to replace the back windshield with non-metallic for a small fee. Will that help? Or do I need to redo all the windows?

Quick Reply: Tinting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands