Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tinting

Antenna is in back window, you only need the back non-metallic.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

Can you see the antenna in the back window or did you read it somewhere? Is the GPS in the front window?

Old 07-31-2006, 04:06 AM

All I can say is that traditionally it has bene in the back window, I did not confirm this I made an assumption (bad me), but every car I have had recently has had them inm the back window. Not sure where Toyota puts the GPS antenna, but in my Acura it was in the back deck.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:13 AM
"Excellent!" Addict

I just put 35% metallic on the sides (max legal for front doors) and 35% non-metallic on the back (so it's consistent and doesn't look like a multi-shaded SUV or a limo or ...).

All RF systems (AM, FM, bluetooth, cell phone, nav, smart keys) work perfectly.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Here are some pictures of my TCH with 35% tint on the sides and rear. I had ForumulaOne Pinnacle non-metalic tint installed my Mr. Tint. They did a super job. The tint is very clear and does not distort the view. It really looks like a factory tint inside and out. It really helps keep the heat and glare out, and makes driving much more pleasant. We had a light rain the past few mornings and a most welcome relief from the heat.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:26 PM
WVGasGuy

I've never had tint but I like the looks. If it's professionally done can you expect it to last 4 to 5 years with out streaks and bubble appearing? Does it scratch easy / hard to take care of? I'd love laminated but am having trouble committing to tint as it would drive me crazy if it bubbled or I could see seams.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
If it's professionally done can you expect it to last 4 to 5 years with out streaks and bubble appearing? Does it scratch easy / hard to take care of? I'd love laminated but am having trouble committing to tint as it would drive me crazy if it bubbled or I could see seams.
Professionally installed, FormulaOne has a nationwide lifetime warranty against peeling, bubbling, cracking, fading or color change. It has a scratch resistant coating, but I don't believe it is warrantied against scratches - so that's a consideration. They did a one piece install on every window, including the rear - no seams

Care is wiping down with a soft cloth and a non-amonia based window cleaner, or water.

Last edited by nash; 07-31-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Enthusiast

I'm considering FormulaOne non-metallic tint for my TCH with NAV.
Just wondering if anyone has had a negative experience with tinting interfering with NAV / Radio reception on their TCH.

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:52 PM

I have had numerous cars tinted over the years. My understanding is the NAV antenna is in the dash so metallic tinting shoudl not be a problme, however, while the tint place says no problme, I have foudn that metallic tinting in the rear window of a car that has the AM/FM antenna there does impact AM reception a bit. My standard install now is metallic int he sides and ceramic in the rear window. Ceramic costs more or I woudl proabbly do ceramic all around. I have used Formula One exclusively by the same tint shop for 15 years now.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've been looking around for a good place to get my windows tinted in NYC (I live in NYC). Does anybody in the area (New Jersey or New York) know where I could get mine done for a reasonable price?????

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Quick Reply: Tinting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands