Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tinting

10% tint would get you pulled over and ticketed in Georgia. The limit is 32% I think.

Darker tint does not necessarily keep your car cooler. In fact, the pigment itself is only minimally related to the heat transmission. For example, you will see a number of aftermarket heat blocking window films at home improvement stores that do not make the window any darker. In order to make the interior cooler, it has to block and reflect away the infrared spectrum. There are window tints that are specifically created to keep the interior cooler, but you'd have to go by the published manufacturer's claims, not necessarily what your tint guy tells you.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Tinting

I have had my TCH for a week now and love it. I would also like to tint the windows. Here in Virginia the legal limit is 35% in the front and 50% in the back. I am thinking of going 35% all the way around because I think that would look better. Unfortunately, the nearest Formula One dealer is 110 miles from me. Does anybody have feedback on Madico's advanced ceramic tint or 3M's color stable window tint? I could get Llumar but there non-metallic tint is dyed and only comes with a 3 year warranty. The other 2 come with a nationwide lifetime warranty.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If you want the absolute best tint for UV and heat rejection, look into Huber Optik.

It's expensive as all getout (I paid $540 for my TCH) but it has a lifetime guarantee and is the absolute best I have ever seen for heat rejection.

Since I live in Phoenix, I need all the heat rejection I can afford !!!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Enthusiast

I would like to use Huper Optik, but driving 150 miles to get the nearest dealer is not practical.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It may not be practical, but dependent on how much heat you want to reject, it may be well worth the trip.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

I used small pieces of Gila "static cling" film to "mute" my Ready light, and to mute my Airbag On light... Still can see the Ready light in bright sunlight, but much more subtle when cruising at night. The airbag on light is much less noticable. Best $20 I ever spent... Despite my "handle", above post is re my Toyota Camry Hybrid...

Last edited by Clownie; 03-01-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

I really like the Huber Optik tint for Phoenix. I can drive with my arm next to the window, even on the sunnyside and it is cool. Before I could barely touch the window. I now keep the air conditioner on low nolonger do I need to use MAX high. I found Huber Tint at Comfort Shield in N. Phoeinx.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by lars-ss
If you want the absolute best tint for UV and heat rejection, look into Huber Optik.

It's expensive as all getout (I paid $540 for my TCH) but it has a lifetime guarantee and is the absolute best I have ever seen for heat rejection.

Since I live in Phoenix, I need all the heat rejection I can afford !!!
Do you happen to have a XM antena in the back window? I wonder if this will mess with the reception of the XM