Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Tires

Just curious to know what everyone replaced their OEM tires with and are you happy with your choice?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Camry Freak
Default Re: Tires

I replaced my original Bridgestones with Michelin Primacy MXV4s. Extremely quiet, very nice ride, and a huge improvement in traction. They also get similar fuel economy. (I run them at 36psi)

Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I bought Yokohama YK-520 from Discount Tire (national chain) and I really like them. Quieter than the OEM tires and no drop in mileage.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thank you for the replies so far. I was considering Primacy's but found out they are now discontinued. The replacement tire is the Pilot. My choices were the new Pilot's or the Michelin weatherwise II's which are only sold at Sears.

I will have to look at the Yokohama's.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I live in Calgary so a good all weather tire is almost a requisite and there appears to be only one choice out here for that.

The Nokian WRG2 all weather radial an "all season/weather" radial fully winter rated, I understand it is also a low rolling resistance tire so a good match for the TCH.

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=1...me=Nokian+WRG2

Old 02-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Camry Freak

Originally Posted by tnsig
Thank you for the replies so far. I was considering Primacy's but found out they are now discontinued. The replacement tire is the Pilot. My choices were the new Pilot's or the Michelin weatherwise II's which are only sold at Sears.

I will have to look at the Yokohama's.
Primacys are still available. Check out Tirerack.com: ($132 each)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=H

Old 02-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Enthusiast

I put Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's on my TCH in November. I'm in Calgary and we got a huge pile of snow in December (way more than we normally do) so I am really happy with these tires.

Now I'm looking into what I should put on this spring...

Old 03-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Technologist

Just replaced my Bridgestones with 4 Primacy MXV4s from NTB. All the dealers that I called in the Boston area said the Primacy has not been discontinued - but it may have been "updated" by Michelin. Pricing is very competitive right now, with dealers beating Internet prices AND including mounting, balancing, stems, disposal fee, road hazard, and alignment. Lifetime rotation too.

The Michelins are soooooo smooth and quiet. I could have chosen the Pilot Exalto or the Primacy S8, but the regular MSVX4 tire seems to offer the best balance between performance, comfort, mileage and price.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 PM

The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is a long wearing tire in comparison to the S8, which was also a good tire.

Last edited by rburt07; 03-21-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:53 AM

Worth a few minutes of your time, if you are interested in purchasing tires

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIn...97&affil=wfaa_

Quick Reply: Tires

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands