Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Toyota Announces Pricing For Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/toyota-announces-pricing-camry-hybrid-50th-anniversary-edition-12379/)

schmidtj 02-20-2007 07:12 PM

Toyota Announces Pricing For Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition

I found this over on Tundrasolutions:
Toyota Announces Pricing For Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition

02/20/2007 Torrance, CA
February 20, 2007 - Torrance, CA - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today announced manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2007 Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition. The limited edition Camry Hybrid celebrates Toyota's 50 years of business in the United States.

This specially badged Camry Hybrid comes with features exclusive only to the 50th Anniversary Edition. Its stunning Blizzard Pearl paint, unique 16-inch alloy wheels with a graphite finish, and exterior "50th Anniversary Edition" badging are just some of the 50th Anniversary exclusives not available on any other Camry. A power moonroof and heated power outside mirrors are also standard.

Inside, the Camry Hybrid is equipped with a voice-activated DVD navigation system with a four-disc changer, leather-trimmed bisque-colored interior, heated front seats, and a carpeted cargo mat. Unique interior features include brushed stainless dash appliqué, illuminated front door sills, and carpeted floor mats with the "50th Anniversary Edition" logo.

Only 3,000 units will be built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Kentucky. The 50th Anniversary Edition will carry a base manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $31,680 and will start arriving at Toyota dealerships in March.

Squint 02-20-2007 09:02 PM

Re: Toyota Announces Pricing For Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition

http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...NPYNHFONZC.jpg

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...96.A11938.html

tnsig 02-21-2007 04:51 AM

Doesn't sound worth it to me...all you really get are special badges, different rims and a new paint color....No thanks.

mikieboyblue 02-21-2007 06:32 AM

Not my color...probably not worth it if you are going to drive it at all.. this is one of those things that you hope to buy and keep for a long time and sell later....

Chilly 02-21-2007 07:51 AM

I wish they would have also given it a Horsepower boost to help distinguish it.

mikieboyblue 02-21-2007 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Chilly (Post 112733)
I wish they would have also given it a Horsepower boost to help distinguish it.

Indeed...a 'supped' up Synergy drive with a turbo or super charger on the ICE...haha...

NOS anyone? Propane flame exhaust?

maverickster 02-21-2007 02:27 PM

They should have added the Camry SE ground-effects body kit and 18" TRD wheels...then it might be worth buying...

:shade:

jbollt 02-21-2007 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by maverickster (Post 112808)
They should have added the Camry SE ground-effects body kit and 18" TRD wheels...then it might be worth buying...

:shade:

Good call! To that I would have hoped they added FOG lights!

schmidtj 02-21-2007 07:11 PM

I just ran the numbers and it costs $1540 (MSRP) for the wheels, badges and paint.
Is it worth it?

07CamHybrid 02-21-2007 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by schmidtj (Post 112861)
I just ran the numbers and it costs $1540 (MSRP) for the wheels, badges and paint.
Is it worth it?

No (At least not to me).

Why would they have this on the hybrid? You'd think that they'd make it on a regular Camry. If you added some special options to the LE model, then people might go for it- but why buy the 'special edition' when you can just buy a hybrid with the sunroof/leather option package and save the $1500 bucks?

I'm sure the la-de-da white paint is very nice, but I don't care how good it looks, it isn't worth $1500 over the price of regular 'white'.