Toyota brand 0-20 Synthetic oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Toyota brand 0-20 Synthetic oil

My Toyota dealer is now stocking Toyota brand 0-20 Full Synthetic oil. I have no idea who makes it for them but the cost per quart is $4.45. The price is almost a $1 cheaper/quart than Mobil 1 0-20 or 5-20 at Walmart. I know that some of you will disagree with me, but it seems to me that using the Toyota brand is a no brainer. If you do your own oil change, you should spend no more than $26 for the oil and a Toyota filter. That's cheap for a full synthetic change.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Toyota brand 0-20 Synthetic oil

Thank you for this excellent information!

Old 09-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota brand 0-20 Synthetic oil

Hmm I don't know of anyone other than Mobile making 0W20 and even my Toyota Dealer have a Mobil logo on the service forms, maybe it is Mobil.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:44 AM

It's probably mobil... but I bet your filter isn't mobil and I don't think it can stand up to the mobil 1 filter. I would use a M1 filter.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:21 PM

Not to be argumentative or to flame anyone, I don't know how anyone can make a statement as to who makes better oil or filter unless you can set up some type of objective test in a controlled laboratory environment.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Not to be argumentative or to flame anyone, I don't know how anyone can make a statement as to who makes better oil or filter unless you can set up some type of objective test in a controlled laboratory environment.
There are a few webs ites that have taken filters aparts and such. Also many years ago Consumer Reports did a comparison and measured particlae sizes. in the end most car maker filters were OK, but most after market filters were better. In recent years some webs sites have done some basic test and such and essentially most of the time Mobil1 filters come out on top in in the top 3 so while he made a blanket statement the historical data woudl likely back it up. I always use Mobil1 filters and oil. Amsoil and Mobil1 are considered the best Synthetics. I hav eused Mobil1 Synthetcics exclusevily for close to 10 years since switching from Castrol Syntec. Been Synthetic only fo close to 12-13 years now. Ironically I never keep any vehicles long enough to truly benefit from it.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Orcrone
haha... just do some research on the net and you will see. M1 makes one of the best.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:02 AM

OK, Kluken and Livvie definitely countered my statement very well. Now that I think of it I remember a CR a long time ago (maybe the '80s) where Fram outperformed most OEM filters.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Arrow Re: Toyota brand 0-20 Synthetic oil

Originally Posted by jasaulsbury
My Toyota dealer is now stocking Toyota brand 0-20 Full Synthetic oil.
I would like to get more input regarding this post from anyone else who has tried to find this Toyota brand 0W-20 synthetic oil. I have called two dealers, and they don't have a clue. Anyone?

Old 09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

My Toyota dealer in Kirkland, WA stocked it -- just saw it there today. It was the same price that jasaulsbury's dealer had it for as well $4.45. (I saw it right after the service tech informed me they didn't stock 0w-20 oil).

Quick Reply: Toyota brand 0-20 Synthetic oil

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands