Toyota Dealers - are you here and taking orders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Question Toyota Dealers - are you here and taking orders?

I am seriously in the market and if I can get a good trade in value for my 2005 Mustang GT, I'd buy tomorrow..

Yesterday I got to drive an 07 Camry 4 cylinder (no Hybrids on the lot).. I have to tell you I am impressed beyond words as to just how solid this car was and how well it drove.

The dealer I visited said that it would take MONTHS to get one..

Also - he wouldn't even talk price until I committed to order.. I'm not about to do that.. Certainly I know that everyone has to feed their family but I've paid at MSRP for the last couple of vehicles and I'm ready for a break - if you know what I mean..

I've got the fever bad!!!

I'll take one in Blue - or - Red... Loaded with NAV etc..

Thanks...

Old 09-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Dealers - are you here and taking orders?

I don't know if there are any dealers here, but you may be very lucky to get exactly what you want without waiting months. I put down my deposit Memorial Day weekend and I got my TCH the first week of August. The demand is even higher now than it was then, and with the deadline for the tax credit looming you are not likely to find one as easily as you may have earlier in the summer. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it probably will require some effort on your part.

I paid MSRP for mine, as did many others here. Some did pay less, and some actually paid more than MSRP. I suspect that if you want to deal for it you will have an even harder time getting one just now. I could be wrong, though. But, with demand for the car so high dealerships don't have to deal to sell these cars and they're pretty much all sold before they hit the port anyway, at least here. When we picked up our car our dealership was telling people 3-4 months for a TCH, and they don't haggle on prices. The TCH and the Prius are MSRP there, and except for the RAV4 (another high demand seller) everything else is "best price" lower with no haggling.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have to agree with Lilarienne. When I purchased my TCH the salesperson looked at his allocation and very politely said, "I have a base model with heated mirrors in Titanium arriving in three weeks. Do you want it?" He knew that if I didn't purchase it at MSRP, someone else would have before it even arrived. And that was in mid-May, before Toyota sold their 60,000th hybrid and the reduction of the tax credits for Toyota was even announced.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I drove over an hour to get mine. It was the last day of July. They had 4 Hybrids and mine was the last one. We just went to test drive it but ending up getting it at $1000 below MSRP and free XM. I have a base model and the only thin I would have wanted was a sunroof.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:24 AM

Bigfoot. In the Market forum on GreenHybrid there's someone who posted on 9/9 that he had three TCHs. I know nothing about him. Have to assume he's a dealer, but know nothing about where he's located or how much he wants. For that matter I don't know whether any of the cars are still available.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 AM

I had a deposit with a local dealer, and dealers nearby all had 3 to 4 month waiting lists. After a month of waiting, I tried emailing various dealers - waste of time.

I then started calling dealers within a 100 miles or so. I found about a dozen for sale! About half had prices over MSRP due to fancy wheels, etc being added by the dealer. The remaining had the MSRP pricing. I ended up driving about 70 miles to get my Desert Sand Mica TCH. Got the exact color and options I wanted

Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

When I picked up my TCH on Sept 8 my dealer told me every car coming into the southeast for the rest of the month was presold. No more cars available for sale 'til Oct. I got my TCH thru Costco- 400 under msrp, no haggling. Could have gotten some great prices on a regular Camry but we wanted to go green this time.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast

I just made it with 8 days to spare, and loaded with nav.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Call John Minter 570-820-6893 he works for Mile ONe auto group they are pretty fast at getting the cars! if anyone is looking that is..