troubles!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default VSC warning, Hybrid sytem warning, no power.

So my dealer last week did the dask rattle fix and when I picked up my vehicle there were numerous scratches on the center console. My back up camera is not working, my hood opening latch was not connected and my lights don't work with the auto switch on the ****. Fine. Appointment next week to fix all of that. Last night the check vsc system lights and buzzer comes on and my brakes feel very weak. 5 minutes later the check hybrid warning comes up as well. 1 minute later the engine shuts down. I glide to a halt. When I turn my lights off, the engine starts and i can proceed but as soon as i turn them on, the engine turns off. What is going on?

Last edited by bkushner; 01-01-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: troubles!!!!!!

It sounds like a tech made more than a slight "boo boo" Give them a call tomorrow and have the dealer tow it to their shop and fix it.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the brushed steel in the cabin, the 50th anniversary stuff, and the service department wants to touch them up.They butchered the center console door. I think that will look very obvious. I'm irritated.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sounds like an incompetent dealer doing shoddy work.

Good luck! I hope they can fix things.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, they suck. I dropped it off today. We'll see what the verdict is. I'll let you all know.I had to cancel my trip home as i worked Christmas. Mom stocked up the fridge. Oh well.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

Any time you trust a stealer with your auto they screw up more than they fix, luckly mine has never been back to any stealer. 4 years ago I took my GX470 Lexus back for sunroof rattle, 2 days later went to pick it up and the plush headliner which they took out and pulled when it was still fastened and literally tore the sucker, plus it was a very light color and the monkey that did the job apparently never ever washed his hands, black grease all over it, and sent it out that way. I left it there another 3 weeks and they had to install a new one and I have never been back to that stealer. Oh and a sidenote the rattle was still there lol.

Last edited by skywagon; 01-03-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, whether it's a dealer or an independent shop, you have the potential for some idiot messing up your vehicle. I recently took my crew cab pickup in for regular tire balance/rotation to the same place I have used for years. Left it for the day like always. Picked it up after dark like always. The next morning, went out to get something out of the back seat and discovered a huge, greasy mess on the back seat. Appeared that one of the techs decided to take a nap on my back seat. I immediately called the shop, talked to the manager, and got an unacceptable response. Basically accused me of making the mess and trying to blame them? Fortunately, I have the seats covered with a cordura cover, but it still required me the time and effort to clean it up. Unfortunately, now I have to try to find another tire shop for my small fleet. Moral of the story, no matter where you take it, you have the potential for ineptitude or outright stupidity.

Robb

Last edited by To D Lake; 01-07-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

These guys, I told them to order the brushed steel trim for the door and center console, they ordered the regular chrome. They said some connection came loose in the hybrid sytem under the hood causing my troubles. They said it was nothing they did. Yeah right. I have to go back next week, again.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

What part of No Trouble before the Dealership got it, Trouble After dealership through, don't they understand??

I would want to have a 'very serious discussion' with the tech in question (baseball bat in hand), but I've been in a bad mood for a while. After a nice relaxing vacation, I would probably just want to use a Taser.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

So I ask if after all this can i get a deal on some all weather mats. No, 90 dollars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: troubles!!!!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands