Trunk Space

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Trunk Space

Here is a photo I took after grocery shopping and picking up some large items at BJ's. As you can see there is also an umbrella stroller in there:

Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Default Re: Trunk Space

When I originally saw the camry at the auto show I thought the trunk space was small. But after getting a good chance to look at it in person I have to back you up. The trunk is deceptive. It looks small because it is a bit narrower front to back. But it makes up for it with the height of the trunk.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

I, too, have been very pleased with the trunk space. I did have to use the back seat for a weekend trip (two women staying 3 nights in hotel at a conference, with presentation materials, 2 laptops, 2 projection units and a small ice chest with 'beverages'). However, I have decided that most of the time the HUGE trunk in the Chrysler Concorde which the TCH replaced was mostly wasted space that I was dragging around. It was only filled on LONG trips...and then we probably took more that we needed!

The TCH adequately holds a large pkg of Costco TP and all of the other shopping we usually do!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:18 AM
HSD Organic Interface

It's perfectly fine for lots of small or medium size objects that can fit into all the corners and stuff. It's the big items that will let you down. Don't offer to drive your buddies for that weekend golf foursome.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Dazed and Confused

I doubt there are mant cars that would allow you to drive your buddies to the course with four sets of clubs in the trunk. I guess that is what the truck is for, but you won't be saving any fuel. But with green fees as high as they are, who really cares about a few extra dollars to get there. Or even better, just don't go to the course, but the wife does not really care for that comment.

As Donnald Trump once said, you are either a Golfer or a Boater, but you can't be both. I am a boater that plays golf to appease the wife.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
As Donnald Trump once said, you are either a Golfer or a Boater, but you can't be both. I am a boater that plays golf to appease the wife.
You mean, your wife actually WANTS you to go play golf?

Old 11-01-2006, 06:50 AM
HSD Organic Interface

I doubt there are mant cars that would allow you to drive your buddies to the course with four sets of clubs in the trunk.
My Dad's Impala can, tight sqeeze admittedly, but is a fairly regular designed car. It's similar to the Camry in cabin space but the big advantage in trunk is that it has a uniform shape instead of the TCH which while still actually having a fairly acceptable trunk, it's got an unusual shape. The 12V battery gets in the way almost more that the traction battery and ducting does.

I didn't even think twice about the trunk size though, I have a van too so I always have options.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I doubt there are mant cars that would allow you to drive your buddies to the course with four sets of clubs in the trunk. I guess that is what the truck is for, but you won't be saving any fuel.
The Chrysler Concorde can...it has an 18 cuft trunk! And even for its size gets better mileage than a truck probably. Around town is about 20 and out on our hilly, mountainous freeway gets 25. On long flat stretches of highway it can get 30...oh, and it can hold those 4 guys inside comfortably too...but, unfortunately it doesn't regenerate!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

99.9% of the time the trunk is perfectly adequate. But if the family (husband, wife and 2 teenage girls) go away for a week they'll definitely be pushing the envelope. The trick is going to be replacing the large suitcases with a number of small soft-sided pieces, in order to make full use of the space available.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I doubt there are mant cars that would allow you to drive your buddies to the course with four sets of clubs in the trunk.
Another car that could was my 99 CaddySTS. In fact, there is a little plastic plate mounted inside the trunk that had a drawing that showed you exactly how to position the four golf bags so they would all fit! I thought that was hilarious the first time I noticed it.

Quick Reply: Trunk Space

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands