Unexplained Beeping While Exiting

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Unexplained Beeping While Exiting

Every once in a while, after I power down the car and open the driver door, the car starts beeping. It is not the same beeping as when you exit the car and the car is still on.

I look at all of the displays and have no clue why the car is beeping. So I exit anyway and stare at the car like an idiot wondering what I forgot to do.

Any similar experiences? Any clues?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Unexplained Beeping While Exiting

I've noticed it too.

I THINK it's when one of the doors opens before the car is powered off. Maybe just the driver door. I can try to duplicate it later today and I'll post back here if that is it.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Enthusiast

Is it by any chance the seatbelt warning? I used to always put my backpack in the passenger seat and every so often while I was driving the car would beep and I couldn't figure out what it was as I'm looking at the displays, etc. One day when I was beeping I looked at the clock in the front that I don't normally look at and noticed the seatbelt lights.

I've since gone to putting my backpack on the floor now .

Old 07-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Enthusiast

Was your moonroof open? Mine beeps when I leave the moonroof open and then after I close it the car beeps again when I open the door. It seems weird but I've started to ignore it, no real problems yet.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

It wasn't the seatbelt warning. Seatbelt warning doesn't occur when the car is off.
It wasn't the moonroof warning either! The moonroof was closed. When I do get a moonroof warning, it shows it on the display "moonroof open" and also gives one of those "external beeps" (like when you lock the car or take the key out of the car while it is running). This beeping was inside the car.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I remember an old Saturday Night Live skit. Chevy Chase is sitting in the driver's seat and all these bells and whistles goes off. He closes the door one shuts off, puts on his seatbelt and another shuts off. He keeps doing little things like that and pretty soon there's one buzzer going off. He looks around and scratches his head. He then looks down, zips up his zipper and the last buzzer turns off.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had something similar happening to me on my HiHy. Come to find out I was accidentally hitting the lock button on the remote FOB while the door was open. I happened to me several times, and it wasn't until I took it to the dealer for it's 5K service that we figured it out.

I don't know if it's what's happening to you, but try locking the car from the FOB when the door is open and see if that is the same beep you get.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I remember an old Saturday Night Live skit. Chevy Chase is sitting in the driver's seat and all these bells and whistles goes off. He closes the door one shuts off, puts on his seatbelt and another shuts off. He keeps doing little things like that and pretty soon there's one buzzer going off. He looks around and scratches his head. He then looks down, zips up his zipper and the last buzzer turns off.
lmao, good one

Old 07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
Every once in a while, after I power down the car and open the driver door, the car starts beeping. It is not the same beeping as when you exit the car and the car is still on.

I look at all of the displays and have no clue why the car is beeping. So I exit anyway and stare at the car like an idiot wondering what I forgot to do.

Any similar experiences? Any clues?
I've heard this twice on my TCH also. And it was not the seatbelt or moonroof in my case either. Something else. maybe the remote... I'll be conscious of this if it happens again.