VIN Decode? 1st TCH's made?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default VIN Decode? 1st TCH's made?

I have read about the 1st ones coming from Japan, but I was wondering about the VIN number, and what were the lowest numbers, or first ones that were shipped over here. I just got my car, and my VIN is: JTNBB46K673002228

So do I have the 2,228th TCH made? At what number did they come over to the US? Just curious - anyone have lower, or have any other information about it? Thanks!

Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: VIN Decode? 1st TCH's made?

FYI...
If you search on Google for VIN decode, you will find a few sites that will translate for you.
Autocheck.com
Vehicle Record Summary VIN: JTNBB46K673002228 We found 9 record(s) for this vehicle
Year: 2007 Style/Body: Sedan 4D
Make: Toyota Engine: 2.4L I4 EFI / SFI
Model: Camry Hybrid / Hybrid 50th Anniversary Country of Assembly: Japan

Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast

Do you think I will find anywhere that would list the very first serial number (mine - 002228) from the VIN that was shipped to the US?

Old 04-18-2009, 05:07 AM

Call Toyota, but, if I may ask, and with all due respect...why would you want to know this? Is there something special about being the first car imported? Do collectors value these cars and pay a premium??

Old 04-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

Nope, nothing special at all. It would just be kinda neat to know that it was one of the first off the boat I guess I'm just a little too excited about getting the new car. Most of you guys have had yours for a while now, I am just starting. I doubt people are "seeking" low VIN TCH's - it will most likely just mean it was one of the first "test batches" that were ran through (just joking). I do look forward to testing my mileage the first few weeks to work though - I drive about 60 miles per hour, 75 miles a day, on flat, straight, boring roads.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:12 AM

review the faq in my signature for tips, etc

Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you Haroldo. I have looked through your F.A.Q. in detail and found some good information. I am guessing that this board is not very active, because you are the only one that seems to respond (Then again, it is Saturday morning.) Thanks again.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: VIN Decode? 1st TCH's made?

Originally Posted by jsdugan
I do look forward to testing my mileage the first few weeks to work though - I drive about 60 miles per hour, 75 miles a day, on flat, straight, boring roads.

Welcome to Green Hybrid. I lived in Springfield for 7 years and now live in LA.

For flat roads and the speed you indicated, I would expect you to get excellent mileage in warm weather. In the summertime, I get 50+ mpg on the highway at that speed. I always use cruise control when it's flat. By now, I'm sure its starting to warm up in Springfield so you should do well.

Incidentally, my VIN also from Japan shows my car was 17,526. I have done nothing in 3 years except rotate tires, change the oil and filter.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

Welcome aboard!
My wife's car was also made in Japan with VIN No. ending in 11139. It was made June of 2006. We have had no problems with it so far. The only things we've done are change oil and filters and had the steering recall completed. Great car!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

The black sticker on the driver's door frame will tell you the month of manufacture. Mine says 04/06 and has a serial number in the 3800's.

Quick Reply: VIN Decode? 1st TCH's made?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands