Water in head/tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Water in head/tail lights?

So I just went and washed my TCH and noticed after I dried the car there was moisture trapped underneath the taillight on the passenger side and the same side headlight. The water/moisture was at the top part of both lenses. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Perhaps this is yet another quality flaw for Toyota...

Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Water in head/tail lights?

Hmm, we just had a torrential downpour the other night and I didn't notice any moisture trapped in the lights when I was looking over the car afterwards (we went to a restaurant... I was checking to make sure there were no dings, scratches, etc. from the parking lot).

Old 08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here are some pictures I took just after I washed it...You can see the water droplets. Keep in mind the outside of the car had been completely dried off at this point. :-/

and one nice picture

Last edited by lem144; 08-05-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
Hmm, we just had a torrential downpour the other night and I didn't notice any moisture trapped in the lights when I was looking over the car afterwards (we went to a restaurant... I was checking to make sure there were no dings, scratches, etc. from the parking lot).
Same here. But even in a torrential downpour the water is not hitting the car under high pressure.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Very true Orcone. I have unlimited free car washes for the first 21 days of ownership, so I'll be taking mine in to get washed (touchless wash) sometime this week... I'll have to look.

You know, it kind of makes me nervous to let someone other than my dealership touch my car, which is really funny since the car wash where I have the unlimited washes is the place that beautifully detailed my Corolla right after we ordered the TCH... It's a little bit like the first time someone other than family watched my son... hehe