Water pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Water pump replacement

I can't resist admitting that I'm "GREEN" with envy !

Jack

Old 10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Smilin' Jack
I can't resist admitting that I'm "GREEN" with envy !

Jack
LOL, my kids used to call the box "Kermit"

Old 10-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I agree with Smilin' Jack, green with envy. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. I have a 3 foot Craftsman box with a top drawer unit, air compressor, a couple of impact wrenches, a couple of torque wrenches, and as many other things as I can talk the little woman into letting me have. I do as much as possible and have not been to a mechanic for years, but I am sure the TCH will change that at some point. A huge garage with lifts...........I can only dream, post some pics when she is done!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Me too......2009 wih 42,000
Took in for a very loud "clanging" when the ICE kicked in on a morning startup. This happened twice in a 3 week period.....man was it loud!. Not cold yet here in MN. They said they couild not duplicate the "clanging" sound, but I had a leaking water pump.....and maybe that was the problem ???????????? Covered under warranty.....the bill would have been 303.00. I can not see how the noise I heard could have been caused by the water pump......Way Too Loud. We'll see if the noise goes away.

But a bad water pump at 42,000............waaay too soon

Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast

I too have a 2007 Camry Hybrid and had to replace my water pump. I was surprised.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

30k mile checkup, got called they discovered a leak and are replacing it under warranty on my '07 TCH. Looks like was made in Japan. did a google to figure out if this was common because I haven't replaced a water pump on a car in maybe 15 years. Looks like it's somewhat common.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Camry Freak

Add my hybrid to the list. I noticed a bunch of pink stuff in the engine bay around the water pump. Additionally, the coolant level has dropped about 1 1/2 inches. I'm not sure how long it has been leaking- as my wife drives the car now. I haven't looked in the engine bay since the last time I gave the car an oil change- about 4 months ago.

Hopefully I can get it to the dealer in the next few days. My hybrid has around 55K miles. :-(

Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm at 90k miles on my 07 TCH. Took the car in to get an oil change yesterday and the tech noted a possible coolant leak. Checked around under the hood and it seems to be coming from the water pump.

Called the dealer.. should cost about $417 USD for 4 hours of work - no ext. warranty.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

2007 @ 55k miles. LOL

Made in Japan too.

Found by me after first oil changed (bought as certified used)

I have a warranty.

-Mike

Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, warranty took care of the waterpump too bad the tech left my engine bay covered in coolant. I am going to make a formal complaint. Just unacceptable to leave it in such a mess.

Quick Reply: Water pump replacement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands