What if I don't top off the tank?--SCII question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default What if I don't top off the tank?--SCII question.

Ok, I know how to set up the ScanGauge when I fill up the tank...I just get to the "fillup" prompt, adjust the fuel used screen to reflect the actual fuel I added, and I'm finished.

So my question is: Am I stuck topping off the tank everytime I fuel the car? It seems that in order for the numbers to stay close to correct, I have to top the tank.

Anyone have any ideas here? Or am I making this too hard?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What if I don't top off the tank?--SCII question.

Originally Posted by Mr. Thyristor
Ok, I know how to set up the ScanGauge when I fill up the tank...I just get to the "fillup" prompt, adjust the fuel used screen to reflect the actual fuel I added, and I'm finished.

So my question is: Am I stuck topping off the tank everytime I fuel the car? It seems that in order for the numbers to stay close to correct, I have to top the tank.

Anyone have any ideas here? Or am I making this too hard?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Nope, no need to do a top-off. Only time you need to do that is if you want to change your settings.

When you refill, rather than entering the refill amount, just hit done. Then the previously computed calibration will stay the same. (At least that is the way my '07 TCH w/ SG-II works.)

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What if I don't top off the tank?--SCII question.

I fill my tank till the first auto shutoff. I usually add my gallons then press done. I also zero the trip miles on the scan gauge. I'm assuming you have your SC set to gas - hybrid, tanks size 17, engine to 2.4

I may try JHSmith's idea on choosing done on the gallons on the scan gauge. I use mine mainly for the more accurate mpg instant readout. During the winter I also use the SC for a accurate engine temp reading those first few miles of warm up.