What kind of prices on 09 TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What kind of prices on 09 TCH?

Since the 09 is, essentially, the same as the 08, the only determining factor (IMHO) is your preference, which no one can help you with.
If you like to keep cars forever, buy the 08, since you'll save a few bucks.
If, OTOH, you typically trade in cars every few years, or you like to 'keep up with the Joneses', get the 09 since you can enjoy bragging rights until everyone catches up with your 09 as well as, ultimately, being able to sell a newer car into the used car market.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It seems to vary. Here in ATL I am looking for a loaded Silvercar, evidently popular and not plentiful, so they only want to knock a few hundred off MSRP.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: What kind of prices on 09 TCH?

They are pushing 2009 Hybrid Camry's, They have 2008's, but they are loaded with options. Bought 2009 Camry Hybrid under invoice, paying $22,750, they seem to be willing to deal, in general cars are not selling, with the recession and high cost of everything. The time is now to buy a car, wouldn't wait any longer.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
It seems to vary. Here in ATL I am looking for a loaded Silvercar, evidently popular and not plentiful, so they only want to knock a few hundred off MSRP.
You need to find another dealer; $3K off MSRP is typical for 2009s, 2008s should be $4K off MSRP.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2009CAM
They are pushing 2009 Hybrid Camry's, They have 2008's, but they are loaded with options. Bought 2009 Camry Hybrid under invoice, paying $22,750, they seem to be willing to deal, in general cars are not selling, with the recession and high cost of everything. The time is now to buy a car, wouldn't wait any longer.
True, cars are not selling as much, although the hybrid is in higher demand (but not that high - I've had dozens of dealers with plenty of cars.). Still, it's not like two years ago where there was waiting list for months and everything was MSRP for hybrid.

End of month/quarter is a good time to push for a deal as well.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by kluken
Yes, find another dealer. I did a custom order and got my 07 in March 2007 for 3k less than MSRP.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Markjgras
Thanks for that info. I don't really understand how I can get up to $4k off the sticker price when that figure is well below the invoice, at least the invoice according to sites like Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds. They put the car I'm looking at ($27,300 MSRP) invoice at about $24,400, less than 3k off the sticker. I know they have other ways of making money on the transaction, but it just doesn't seem likely they will go so far under invoice, especially when they aren't having any trouble selling these cars.
Most probably wont go too far under invoice without some extra effort on your part. Even if the car sells at invoice, they still make money on dealer kickbacks and holdbacks from Toyota.

When looking at a 2008, you might be able to get more off (4k) if they want to push the 2008s out the door to make room for the 2009s since people not as well educated as us go for the newest thing there and don't haggle.

Another question about this transaction: they don't have the color we want and will have to get it from another dealer. They are saying that it will cost an extra $300 to get that particular vehicle. Is that a common practice?
I have heard anywhere from $0 to $500 to get a car brought from another dealership. If the other dealership is not far, nothing says you cannot go there (bring the deal you have worked up from the current dealership). You could also say something like the following: "If you waive the fee for acquiring the vehicle from the other dealership, you have a deal right now and I will give you a deposit."

Good luck Mark (I assumed this was your name)!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, Mark is the name. Thanks for all the time you've spent answering questions. I've got them coming down about 3K now on the 08 and I don't know if I'm going to push a lot harder. I'm glad to at least have it down that much.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, Mark is the name. Thanks for all the time you've spent answering questions. I've got them coming down about 3K now on the 08 and I don't know if I'm going to push a lot harder. I'm glad to at least have it down that much.
You should be able to get $4K off MSRP for 2008 (there's $1,000 cash back). If you only push for 3K, you are leaving money on the table.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast

If you paid over 28,500 for a FULLY loaded TCH --Your negotiating skills need honing.

Quick Reply: What kind of prices on 09 TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands