what rims fit camry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default what rims fit camry?

hi
im seeing rims for other jap. cars, like accord, altima, same bolt pattern, but i hear the hubs are different, anybody know, or know of a site that says what fits for sure?
thanks
dan

Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what rims fit camry?

Dan,

I already mentioned this in a different thread, but you really need to have a general understanding of wheels in order to understand the question you are asking. There are thousands of aftermarket wheels that will fit the Camry, but there are tens of thousands that won't. So there is no website that is going to tell you if a specific wheel is going to fit your car, although many vendors well tell you about the actual wheels they sell. (For example, go to TireRack.com and they will tell you what wheels they sell will fit any particular car). Here are some basic specs that you need to keep in mind:

1) 2007-08 Camry wheel bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3
2) Stock wheel is 16" x 6.5" with +45 offset. Here is a wheel offset calculator to help you see what offset you should have as you mess with the wheel width. http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
3) Here is a tire size calculator to help you determine what are the correct size tires if you decide to increase the size of the wheel. http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
4) Camry hub size is 60.1mm, but this usually doesn't come into play with aftermarket wheels. You will need to know this number when you go to purchase hubcentric rings. (Do an internet search and learn the difference between hubcentric and lugcentric).

Learning about wheels seems daunting, but it is actually quite simple once you start understanding the numbers. I went thru that learning process myself just 4 years ago when I bought my first wheel upgrade, so I speak from experience!

FlopShot

Old 01-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what rims fit camry?

hi
yes, it was the whole hubcentric thing that was throwing me, as i never dealt with this for my american rwd cars
but all the rwd lexus rims are very nice, so im going that route!
maybe some is300 or so, but the 430 rims look great
thanks
dan