Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Where is the Hybrid control system ECU located? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/where-hybrid-control-system-ecu-located-24296/)

3prongpaul 04-21-2010 06:59 AM

Where is the Hybrid control system ECU located?

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone out there know where the Hybrid Control system ECU is physically located on the car? The drawing below makes it look like it is in the engine room but it may be under the dash???

The ECU I'm looking for has two large connectors, C64 and A61. How can someone get access to these connectors?

(sorry, I don't have a TCH in front of me, I'm trying to help someone remotely with this...)

GeorgiaHybrid 04-21-2010 07:27 AM

Re: Where is the Hybrid control system ECU located?

It is bolted to the firewall underneath the brake fluid reservoir in the engine compartment.

3prongpaul 04-21-2010 07:30 AM

thanks!

is it hard to get to?

i.e. do you know what has to be removed to get access to the two ECU connectors?

GeorgiaHybrid 04-21-2010 08:12 AM

He can remove the brake fluid reservoir to make things a little easier but you can see it on the firewall. If they remove the reservoir, just pull it from the firewall but do not disconnect the line, just move it to the side. The hybrid ECU can than be unbolted from the firewall for easier access to the connectors.

Ahmed Iqbal 11-08-2015 06:57 PM

Re: Where is the hybrid control system ECU located?

Hey guys, do you know where ECM for camry 2009 hybrid located? Engine control management

GeorgiaHybrid 11-09-2015 05:13 PM

Read the first post.... That is the ECU that he asked about.