Why my tire pressure ALWAYS GO LOW?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 03:29 PM
JOAT, master of none
Default Re: Why my tire pressure ALWAYS GO LOW?

On my '06 and 07 both I had to have the bead wire brushed and sealed. You are just about the age where the aluminum starts to corrode at the bead and leaks. I've only had one rim on a Chevy S10 that leaked due to major porosity in the wheel, but it can happen too.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by hotrod53
On my '06 and 07 both I had to have the bead wire brushed and sealed. You are just about the age where the aluminum starts to corrode at the bead and leaks. I've only had one rim on a Chevy S10 that leaked due to major porosity in the wheel, but it can happen too.
Aluminum corrodes exactly like steel rusts, from oxidation. While you may see some pitting around the outer edge of the bead, there should be none underneath where the actual sealing occurs.

Most tires are filled with air. Air is over 70% nitrogen, but has other elements as well. Any hydrogen included will leak out right through the rubber, and not need a lot of time. Larger elements take longer, but rubber is somewhat porous. Similarly, it is impossible to have a perfect wheel to tire seal short of using something like epoxy to bond them together. The valve stem is probably the most leaky element of a properly seated tire in good condition, as it has two rubber seals against steel, one side threaded tightly and one end smooth and held in place with a spring and the internal pressure against it. The higher the temperature and the higher the pressure, and the harder the bumps hit, the faster air will leak out of a tire (even if the tire is 100% nitrogen filled, although the larger nitrogen molecules will slow down the natural leakage rate).

Old 05-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

My tire or tires are still leaking air after like every 30 miles or every few days. having low tire pressure sign every 30 miles or so. Tired of pumping air. We don't have the LSCWAB someone recommended to go to in IL.

Can I go to the local independent car/auto mechanic shop? Where should I go to have the tire stop going out of pressure every 30 mils. I am in chicago. I won't go to Toyota dealer because they will try to rip me off with countless or repairs totaling thousands!

Old 05-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

i went a place called firestone place to have to have the tire air leak checked and repaired. They told me it was due to RIM something and later told me it is fixed for $30. Tire rotation for $10

Did an oil change at 4K miles for $22 and changed the wiper blade to a new set of BOSCH CLEAR ADVANTAGE 20-24 for $25. Total of $89 plus change . I used coupons.

For me I am glad I went to this instead of a full auto mechanic shop or my local toyota dealer. They would have quoted me $3000 something including list of unnecessery repairs.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Told you it's rims.
But don't hold your breath. One on my Honda Ridgeline was repaired 3 times and still leaked air out.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

After 3 months , air started to leak out again on same front left tire and I went back spoke to their manager. This time they told me it is due to bad or broken sensor and they replaced the sensor. What is the sensor and where is it and why the same tire? I went to the same firestone location 3 months ago due to air leak and they told me it was due to RIM something.Pls tell me what is going on

Last edited by jimmy1; 08-25-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy1
After 3 months , air started to leak out again on same front left tire and I went back spoke to their manager. This time they told me it is due to bad or broken sensor and they replaced the sensor. What is the sensor and where is it and why the same tire? I went to the same firestone location 3 months ago due to air leak and they told me it was due to RIM something.Pls tell me what is going on
Please go away.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy1
Apparently, after 3 months, air started to leak out again on same front left tire, and you went back spoke to their manager. This time they told you it is due to bad or broken sensor and they replaced the sensor.

What sensor do you think it could be? Seriously? The **** sensor that senses TIRE PRESSURE that signals low pressure!

Do you see how annoying this is? Is this just your lack of mastery of the English language and how it comes across?

Old 08-25-2017, 11:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Apparently, after 3 months, air started to leak out again on same front left tire, and you went back spoke to their manager. This time they told you it is due to bad or broken sensor and they replaced the sensor.

What sensor do you think it could be? Seriously? The **** sensor that senses TIRE PRESSURE that signals low pressure!

Do you see how annoying this is? Is this just your lack of mastery of the English language and how it comes across?
Thanks for your hateful PM too

Old 08-25-2017, 11:23 PM

LOL.. "hateful"

You must be a treat to be around... SO sensitive...

Quick Reply: Why my tire pressure ALWAYS GO LOW?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands