Why my tire pressure ALWAYS GO LOW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why my tire pressure ALWAYS GO LOW?

Hey, Keith... Is there a reason you have such bad bedside manners? I mean - OP is clearly just another typical "I know nothing about cars" owner and came here with good intentions and valid question. There is no reason to bash OP for this, or even presume that you are somehow superior to OP.
You are lucky this is basically unmoderated forum. In any other one, you'd have been infringed long ago.
You know Honda batteries - why don't you stay in your area of expertise?
I can also suggest a good forum for you to vent.
Craigslist automotive. Will be good match.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thank you for expressing your opinion. I'm very aware that I sometimes have "bad bedside manners," but I respect your desire to point it out. It's exactly the same reason for my post to the OP. He needs to know that he's just whining/venting and shouldn't expect any resolution. Self-awareness is good.

My only issue with your post is your claim that I know Honda batteries. Didn't you just refer somebody with a Toyota battery to me? Why would you encourage me to go outside my "area of expertise"?

Old 08-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

OK guys, settle it down a bit. I can understand the frustration about a TPMS sensor but then again, you don't have to answer either. I have a hard enough time explaining why a moderator for this site pulls his fifth wheel camper with a Kenworth semi truck. Think about that one for a minute...

Old 08-29-2017, 11:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Thank you for expressing your opinion. I'm very aware that I sometimes have "bad bedside manners," but I respect your desire to point it out. It's exactly the same reason for my post to the OP. He needs to know that he's just whining/venting and shouldn't expect any resolution. Self-awareness is good.

My only issue with your post is your claim that I know Honda batteries. Didn't you just refer somebody with a Toyota battery to me? Why would you encourage me to go outside my "area of expertise"?
I am not here to "whine/or vent". I am here to learn and get info and help from anyone who can.

In my previous trouble 3 months ago with losing air on the same tire very other day, I was advised by some on the forum that it could be due to RIM and this may happen again and again. I went to Firestone at the time and they told me it is due to RIM. I paid about $60 for that. Now just last week, I had low tire pressure warning and all the tires are fine except that same tire again, so I went back and they told me the air leakage was due to bad tire sensor and they said they replaced it. I don't know if they replaced anything at all. I thought it was same issue with RIM but they told me it is due to bad tire sensor. I never read anywhere that frequent air leak can be due to tire sensor. This is why I am here to get the opinion of pros here!

Old 09-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

jimmy1, there are very few places a tire can lose air.

1) A puncture in the tire itself
2) A bad seal of the tire to the rim due to corrosion, flaking plating, cut bead on the tire, etc.
3) The inflation valve on the valve stem is faulty
4) The valve stem is leaking at the stem to wheel junction.

Numbers 3 and 4 involve the TPMS sensor. Number 3 can be fixed with a new valve and/or tightening it up. Number 4 usually requires a new TPMS sensor although they can come loose and just need to be re-tightened.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=GeorgiaHybrid;263633]jimmy1, there are very few places a tire can lose air.

2) A bad seal of the tire to the rim due to corrosion, flaking plating, cut bead on the tire, etc.

Numbers 3 and 4 involve the TPMS sensor. Number 3 can be fixed with a new valve and/or tightening it up. Number 4 usually requires a new TPMS sensor although they can come loose and just need to be re-tightened.[/QUOTE Thanks for the reply. I did notice a new or sensor on my front left tire. What I mean by sensor is the tube or the nozzle thing where you put air Sorry if it is called something else. They told me if you push the sensor hard it may leak again? That means when I put air in it I have to be careful with the the cap of the nozzle?

Old 09-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
jimmy1, there are very few places a tire can lose air.

Numbers 3 and 4 involve the TPMS sensor. Number 3 can be fixed with a new valve and/or tightening it up. Number 4 usually requires a new TPMS sensor although they can come loose and just need to be re-tightened.
Thanks for the reply. I did notice a new sensor on my front left tire. What I mean by sensor is the tube or the nozzle thing where you put air. Sorry if it is called something else! They told me if you push the sensor hard it may leak again? That means when I put air in it I have to be careful with the the cap of the nozzle?