Why Oh WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Why Oh WHY?

Why can't Toyota get inside lights right? Honda does. First off the map lights in the front are not totally focused on one side. When we are in the car my wife likes to read. She turns on the map light but the light bleeds over to my side through the center lights, which is non functional in my car becasue I dont have a sunroof. My hondas had direct spotlights that would not be in my eyes. My Highlander IS WORSE! It has one button and it turns on both map lights. They did fix this years later but it is just the same as the Camry.

Also, why in the world does Toyota not put vanity lights in the car as standard?? This is really retarded!

Sorry I just got back from a long trip and I am venting.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: Why Oh WHY?

By vanity lights do you mean lights in the back of the sunvisor where the mirror is? My NAV Camry has those.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by jay_man2
By vanity lights do you mean lights in the back of the sunvisor where the mirror is? My NAV Camry has those.
Yes, you have to have the light package to get those. They mostly come with Camry's with sunroofs. My moms XLE has them along with map lights in the back. Those are nice also.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:18 AM

This is from Toyta's website. Moonroof Package - includes power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors with dimmer control and rear personal reading lights

I guess they think if you dont have a moonroof you dont need to see what is in the mirror!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Why can't Toyota get inside lights right? Honda does. First off the map lights in the front are not totally focused on one side. When we are in the car my wife likes to read. She turns on the map light but the light bleeds over to my side through the center lights, which is non functional in my car becasue I dont have a sunroof. My hondas had direct spotlights that would not be in my eyes. My Highlander IS WORSE! It has one button and it turns on both map lights. They did fix this years later but it is just the same as the Camry.

Also, why in the world does Toyota not put vanity lights in the car as standard?? This is really retarded!

Sorry I just got back from a long trip and I am venting.
Has your wife considered getting a reading light that runs off of batteries? It would be less intrusive to the driver. You can pick them up at any bookstore. I have one for paperback books and one for hardback books.

You would be surprised at the amount of cars that DON'T have vanity lights. I agree that it should be standard on the Camry. In fact I think it should be standard on ALL cars...

Old 01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

This is one of the few things that my GM cars did better than my other vehicles. A couple of them had lights on the bottom of the rear-view mirror. I rarely used the driver side, but the passenger side did a great job of only lighting the passengers lap area.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
Has your wife considered getting a reading light that runs off of batteries? It would be less intrusive to the driver. You can pick them up at any bookstore. I have one for paperback books and one for hardback books.

You would be surprised at the amount of cars that DON'T have vanity lights. I agree that it should be standard on the Camry. In fact I think it should be standard on ALL cars...
They got these neat led lights that mount on your cap visor, they are cool. ROTFFLMAO!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by skywagon
They got these neat led lights that mount on your cap visor, they are cool. ROTFFLMAO!!!!
I haven't seen those yet LOL

Old 01-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by FL07THC
... dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors with dimmer control ...
Hmmm. Can't say I noticed a dimmer on the vanity mirrors. I'll have to look closer.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Sure, the front cabin lights could use some improvment, but I'll tell you the rear reading lights are pure heaven from a driver's point of view: the fixtures are just out of the driver's sightlines, so the light is directed down with very little distraction. Works great with kids that can see what they're doing, and a driver that can see what he's doing, too.

Quick Reply: Why Oh WHY?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands