Wifemobile is now a pushmobile. Go Hybrid??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wifemobile is now a pushmobile. Go Hybrid??

Originally Posted by dledeaux
I was just going to ask if it was perhaps a timing belt ... is the Suzuki an interferance engine?
That was my very first thought too. It has now been at the dealership for 3 days and the only Suzuki Tech for 40 miles has not had a chance to work on it, or even look at it yet.

The forums show that 2001 and 2002 models had a problem with TB idler failures. That was supposed to be fixed in 2003.

Interference engine? Yup! It's a crasher.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I would fix the Suzuki if it is fixable.
Or

give wife your car and you drive either the Suzuki or get a new one?
INFIDEL!!!

She can pry my Camry from my cold, dead hands.

Besides... she still freaks out at the notion of not using a key and she really hates the way it stalls out at every stop light.

She'd rather let me handle such defects.

Seriously though... the Escape Hybrids look good. Do you know if that is Toyota licensed equipment?

Old 12-21-2007, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by empowah
FWIW, technology has come a long way, arguably enough to offset the weight of a "tank".

Link: Fifth Gear - Volvo 940 vs. Renault Modus Crash

Yeah......... I kinda heard about some of the new space-cage designs being quite clever... but this really illustrates the point, almost too well.

At the time it seemed like quite a plan to keep that car for our kids to train on. I spent $4,500 rebuilding the engine, trans and suspension before storing it 4 years ago.... what to do?

Old 12-21-2007, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by elsifer
If your wife doesn't like car notes, then make the 1994 Volvo road-worthy, and let her drive it. Sell the Suzuki if you can, and pay down the loan as much as you can. When the loan is paid off, go buy another car. That's what I'd do - ymmv.

Did you have a peek at 'Empowah's video clip just above yours? Wow! What a mess.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane
That always makes you feel good, huh?

I would definitely sell the Suzuki (hopefully you can!). Before I drove the TCH, I wouldn't drive anything smaller than a 4runner (that's what happens when your first car is a 2-door Hyundai accent, incidentally I know all about unreliable "cheap"(?) cars)... but as soon as I drove the TCH I thought to myself "so this is what I've been missing out on all these years!"

This is coming from a car-picky woman. I'd definitely go for a hybrid if you can sell your Suzuki for a fair price.
Well if they are truly incompetent, and/or play around with the warranty claim, I am perfectly capable of rebuilding it myself... I just don't want to. And the way I travel it could take 6 months. So I am careful not to complain to much about how long the dealer is taking.

Day 3 , and the dealer is "Still waiting for a chance to look at it".