Window tinting question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Window tinting question

With past cars, when the tinter tinted the windows, he would push the edge rubber on the inside of the window down, so that he could cut the tint below the rubber edge. Strict instructions to not roll the windows down for three days. After three days, I'd roll the windows down, and the rubber would bounce back up to it's original place, covering the edge of the tint.

With my TCH, the rubber edge is below the edge of the door, but it's not bouncing back the way I'm expecting it to.

Which leads me to my question - on your windows, on the inside, is the rubber edge supposed to be below the edge of the door, and can you see the outside rubber/fur edge from the inside?

Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Window tinting question

FYI - this is a question for those who DON'T have tinting on their windows. Anybody? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Thanks in advance...

Old 03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Window tinting question

You should see the rubber, I had mine tinted, and the rubber was back up before they returned it to me. If you had it done, return it to them, you do not want to risk damaging it yourself.