windows down/sunroof open?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default windows down/sunroof open?

I read somewhere that by holding down the unlock button on the key fob for 2.5 sec the windows/sunroof would open up. Holding down lock for 2.5 sec would close them all. This doesnt seem to work on my TCH. i tried a search and came up empty handed. Anyone else know anything about this? Thanks

Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 AM
Technologist
Default Re: windows down/sunroof open?

Not on this car - but it is prominently featured on our wish list!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

So does anyone know what the Sliding Roof ECU instructions mean in this document: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...5&d=1177776749?
The descriptions are rather confusing, and my feable attempts to follow the directions appear to have no result.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

thats the exact document im talking about... any ideas?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

interesting.... That document appears to be exact what you said, druuu888. Have you tried the key-in version instead of the remote?

Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Mine doesn't do it either - via the FOB or the manual key.

Perhaps the settings are "Off" by default even though the document says they are "On" by default, or (more likely) this document is outdated?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
Mine doesn't do it either - via the FOB or the manual key.

Perhaps the settings are "Off" by default even though the document says they are "On" by default, or (more likely) this document is outdated?
Any more news on this? Is this actually an option for our cars?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 PM

Each time this has been discussed (and I think it might be mentioned in the FAQ...no...it is in the Comments on the FAQ thread waiting to be worked in....) we have come to the conclusion that yes it is in the service manual for the TCH but it is not applicable and no one has gotten it to work.

People have thought it was for the XLE. But I don't know if anyone has been able to try.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 03-04-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Each time this has been discussed (and I think it might be mentioned in the FAQ...no...it is in the Comments on the FAQ thread waiting to be worked in....) we have come to the conclusion that yes it is in the service manual for the TCH but it is not applicable and no one has gotten it to work.

People have thought it was for the XLE. But I don't know if anyone has been able to try.
I just had a crazy thought - could this be referring to the black lock button on the outside door handle?

Or has this been tried?

I might give it a shot when the weather improves.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast

My understanding is that some or many of the function selections in this document are customizable, but only from your dealer service department. For example, when I wanted to reset the timing that the exterior lights are on, I was told that only they could do the reset (and that they would do it for me gratis when I came in for service). I may be wrong, but perhaps only the dealer can reset the default.

Quick Reply: windows down/sunroof open?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands