Windshield cost

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Windshield cost

I just had to replace my windshield!!!! i was shocked by the price i had to pay!!!! I took quotes from 3 places here in Toronto Canada and was amazed at the price gap between the regular Camry and the Hybrid. For the reg Camry i was quoted the lowest $475 to the highest $625. Here we go for the Hybrid i was quoted $925 lowest to $1400 highest. When i asked why the big diference from reg Camry to Hybrid i was told that the Hybrid has a sound dampening windshield and that the mirror has a special conx on the windshield???Any way i had to get it fixed and paid $975 and they came to my house and installed it. I asked if the windshield comes with a gold rim but was told sorry sir the new toyota,s are all rimless.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Windshield cost

My numbers to follow will be in US dollars. I assume you were giving Canadian & I'm not sure of the exchange rate.

Anyway, about 8 months ago I had to replace my 07TCH windshield. The dealer wanter $1200 for the glass, $50 to install. I called around to glass shops, making sure they were qoting the special Hybrid glass, and was quoted $425 to $525.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just called GEICO.
Windshields are covered under Comprehensive.
I was paying $33.30/six months for a $1,000 deductible.
I just lowered my deductible to $200 for an extra $8/six months.
This thread scared me into it.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
Just called GEICO.
In AZ I have no deductible for windshields...actually, it is called "safety glass" that has no deductible. I think it is required here in AZ that the insurance companies provide this coverage, but not sure.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just recently asked my dealer here in Calgary, Canada about the cost of replacing my windshield and was quoted "about" $675.

I thought that was expensive but compared to others here it appears to be quite reasonable.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by canadianguy53
I just had to replace my windshield!!!! i was shocked by the price i had to pay!!!! I took quotes from 3 places here in Toronto Canada and was amazed at the price gap between the regular Camry and the Hybrid. For the reg Camry i was quoted the lowest $475 to the highest $625. Here we go for the Hybrid i was quoted $925 lowest to $1400 highest. When i asked why the big diference from reg Camry to Hybrid i was told that the Hybrid has a sound dampening windshield and that the mirror has a special conx on the windshield???Any way i had to get it fixed and paid $975 and they came to my house and installed it. I asked if the windshield comes with a gold rim but was told sorry sir the new toyota,s are all rimless.
I always thought Comprehensive car insurance (damage due to other than collision) was relatively cheap. I carry a $0 deductible as well and it covers windshield damage.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
Just called GEICO.
WOW. I am with Gieco also, and if thats all it costs to lower the deductable, I will be doing that ASAP since mine is currently at $1000.
Thanks for the info!

Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WMConey
My numbers to follow will be in US dollars. I assume you were giving Canadian & I'm not sure of the exchange rate.

Anyway, about 8 months ago I had to replace my 07TCH windshield. The dealer wanter $1200 for the glass, $50 to install. I called around to glass shops, making sure they were qoting the special Hybrid glass, and was quoted $425 to $525.
Exchange Rate? Today's US dollar? I would say US$1.00 to CA$1.00

Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyjk2000xp
Exchange Rate? Today's US dollar? I would say US$1.00 to CA$1.00
Yup. Which is why I cannot understand why Canadian prices are still up to 50% higher than American for the same product.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by canadianguy53
This is your first post so I will just let you know that this subject has been written about several times in the past 2 years. Search for a topic and almost every thing about the TCH has already been discussed. Here are two threads related to this topic.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...d-1200-a-9229/

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ld-crack-9663/

Quick Reply: Windshield cost

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands