windshield / side glass distortion

Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
it's just a car...
Default windshield / side glass distortion

Several times over the past several months, I've been momentarily frightened by cars on the passenger side seemingly swerving in as viewed in my periforal vision.

Yesterday, while driving on the interstate for several hours in perfectly clear weather, I was able to watch cars as I passed them and observe what's going on looking directly to that side.

Either the right edge of the TCH windshield makes objects appear more distant or the passenger glass makes them appear closer.

When overtaking and passing, a vehicle on the right appears to quickly change position as it passes the "A" pillar.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:55 AM
TCH 2007 newbie May 07
Default Re: windshield / side glass distortion

I haven't logged the various ways the glass distorts, but have observed that the windshield and rear glass distort quite a bit. I haven't ck'd out the side windows.

Glass distortion seems to be 'normal' nowadays', and surely is symptomatic of cost cutting. I don't like it and it cheapens the product (makes me wonder what else might be compromised).

Last edited by Ed_T; 06-15-2007 at 04:56 AM. Reason: sp