Wood grain for the dash in the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wood grain for the dash in the TCH

Nice Job - it looks really great!!!

I bought the Sherwood Dash kit http://www.sherwooddash.com/ in Rosewood.

I have to admit I am a bit embarrassed!! My installation was pretty rough and I had to buy a second kit because I wrecked a bunch of the pieces.

It sounds like you and PanhandleJim just breezed through the installation.
You guys must have the skills and your dash(es) look great!!!

I think the wood definitely adds nice contrast and highlights to a great Toyota Cockpit!!

Great Job,
Randyman

Old 04-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Jim...nice job on the install and good to see another Barcelona Red. I posted some pictures in my other reply. I think you and FLTRN404 had a much easier time with the installation!!

Nice work!!
Randyamsn

Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Randy! Looks nice! For my tastes, I think i would just like the piece that surrounds the instruments and over the glove compartment. I wonder if individual pieces are available or I need to buy the whole kit? I bet the whole kit!

Last edited by jbollt; 04-16-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Whoa, really nice Randy...now you are making me jealous...You want to contract out your services to work on my car?

Old 04-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Randy! Looks nice! For my tastes, I think i would just like the piece that surrounds the instruments and over the glove compartment. I wonder if individual pieces are available or I need to buy the whole kit? I bet the whole kit!
Hey Jeff,

I just checked and you can get the Sherwood Kit in an upgrade package for about $160 from: http://www.lgtautomotive.com/Toyota_...duct_info.html

The scematic of the pieces included is:

They have a couple of other smaller kits, but I don't think they have the instrument pieces.

Good Luck and let us see the finished results,
Randyman

Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Whoa, really nice Randy...now you are making me jealous...You want to contract out your services to work on my car?
Thanks Mike - I always enjoy hearing from you.

Unfortunately if i did this for a living I'd starve!!! I take way too long to finish these projects (in my mind). Hate to think what would happen if "the meter was running"!!!!

Thanks,
Randyman

Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey FLTRN404,

I posted my own thread regarding my dash installation. I was going to post it last night and then I saw your great work.

If you read my thread you'll see I had a hard time with this project and I wanted people to know that although I am very happy with the install, it was no walk ing the park!!!

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...85/#post168778

My apologies and I want you to know I did not intend to hijack your thread or take away from your accomplishment. Your kit came out really nice!!

Please keep those great posts coming,
Randyman

Last edited by Randyman; 04-17-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Enthusiast

Randyman,

Your installation looks fantastic! Since everything I do takes only about 5x as long as I expect can you give me an idea of about how long it took you?

Also, not that "I" ever make a mistake of course! but if I mess up and have to replace one of the pieces does it come off easily enough?

Thanks,

Don

Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randyman
Hey Jeff,

I just checked and you can get the Sherwood Kit in an upgrade package for about $160 from: http://www.lgtautomotive.com/Toyota_...duct_info.html

Randyman
Nice work Randyman...I followed your link and looking at the area above the rearview mirror in their photos...it looks like this kit is for a non-sunroof model....did yours have a piece to surround the controls for the sunroof and TCH on-board garage door opener switch? Thanks. Mark

Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

I went to a local installer and they recommended a kit by Alliance Technology. Not sure which way I am going to go yet. But I have time to decide, as I want to wait until it is nice and hot outside to install it.

Quick Reply: Wood grain for the dash in the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands