wood trim option - anyone have? anyone like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default wood trim option - anyone have? anyone like?

Has anyone installed the DASH ACCENT KIT - OLIVE WOOD (the oem version) to the interior of their TCH? How does it look in person - good or bad? How many parts does it include in the kit, ie, which parts of the interior (dash, door handles, etc.) are covered? Is the application of the kit a simple process? Will it fit the TCH (no nav), in particular, the audio and temperature control area?

Old 10-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: wood trim option - anyone have? anyone like?

I have not installed the kit, as I did not know one was available for the Hybrid. I had the XLE and I liked the look of the fake wood, but others hate it. I like the smooth surface which made it easy to stick my Garmin Nuvi suction cup onto. Now with the matte surface I can't, so I have a smooth piece of plastic to do the sticking to.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There is no factory wood-trim option for the TCH. You could probably use the wood-trim option for the XLE, except for the piece that fit on the gear shift, since the TCH is the only model with engine breaking. But I have seen an aftermarket TCH wood-trim being sold on EBay.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I personally think it is gross. I had some in my TL, but it was tastefull and not overwhelming.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Enthusiast

All my lexus vehicals have had it but its cherrywood, nice accent, e-bay has it for the THC but it may be cheap plastic.