WTF P1420 keeps happening

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: WTF P1420 keeps happening

Did he test the evap purge solenoid with a meter to make sure it was working correctly? Just make sure he did that BEFORE putting the smoke machine to it. It the solenoid is not working correctly, it will have a leak back at the tank.

The solenoid is about $100 and takes 15 minutes at the most to put it on.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: WTF P1420 keeps happening

I'm not sure what order they did things in. Since I think we're agreeing that I should get a second opinion, that is what I'm gonna do. Also they got short with me when I did double check this, because I also thought the solenoid would be the more likely problem, and when I called after leaving they were like "I thought we already talked about this!..." and I don't really appreciate that type of attitude when they know I'm not a professional. Anyways, there's a mechanic in town I've been meaning to try out, and they get great reviews according to Google. So we'll see what they say when the time comes. I appreciate your input though, as I can tell you're a pretty insightful poster around here given that either way you were pretty dang close to what the issue was.