Yet Another "Check Hybrid System and VSC" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Yet Another "Check Hybrid System and VSC" Thread

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a couple weeks trying to figure this mess out.

Backstory:
Last December I went on a motorcycle trip with my Dad left the car sitting for a couple days came back and it started throwing the Check Hybrid System and VSC lights and message. Car was still drive-able and it was possible to reset it by unplugging the 12V battery for a couple seconds and it would drive normal then throw the code the next morning. I've been resetting it ever since =( (probably ruining my car). I'm a medical student up to my ears in debt already so forking out 3k to the dealership is not much of an option. In January we pulled the battery out and found some obviously bad cells (reading extremely different Voltages from the rest and I think they were physically damaged as well) and replaced them with cells from ebay but still got the same code.

I think I've read every thread regarding the 2007 TCH and this problem but I'm still struggling. I got the TechStream software up and running on my laptop and got the code P0A80-123. I was hoping it would tell me one of the modules was weak but it didn't. We drove around watching the voltages and they all were within .3 V of each other for the most part. I found that if you click next to the error code on the TechStream it takes a snapshot of the cell voltages that must have triggered the code. It looks like Module 1 was at 11V and the rest were still at ~14V but when I drive it charges back up quickly and I didn't notice the weakness when we were watching the voltages as we drove.

Should I just grab some more cells off ebay and replace the cells in module 1? I'm convinced from my reading that maybe a recondition pack from Hybrid Automotive will solve my problems. Does anyone think this is a good course of action?

I also read some threads talking about the Smart Battery Controller and this link below has me confused. Could it possibly be the Batter Controller? Just wanted some advice on how to proceed. I love this forum and it's been very helpful in finding information.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/t3Portal...=1471210708045

Attached Images
File Type: png
TechStream Image.png (289.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-18-2016, 04:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yet Another "Check Hybrid System and VSC" Thread

Nothing ruins a forum more than duplicate threads on the same topic. It forces people searching for an answer to waste their time bouncing back and forth on numerous threads.
Instead of boasting this, why not find one of the many similar threads that most resembles your issue and add to it?

It's one topic, it should be in one thread.