HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Battery not charging? Easy way to reset IMA control modules

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery not charging? Easy way to reset IMA control modules

Im having an issue with my IMA. I have refurbished the sticks and assembled the pack. My car sat while i did this. Went to go install pack, and found out my 12v was bad. Replaced 12v and now i have no charge showing on my IMA, wont charge and my 12v battery light,IMA light and check engine light is on. I tried your driving and turning off ignition trick with no luck. I have no clue what it might be. Car has 137k on it.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The 12V going dead was the reset of the control modules.

You need to read the codes.

99% chance you did something wrong when you "refurbished" the sticks or installed the pack.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

I have a precharge circuit malfunction and 2 low voltage codes. I rebuilt the pack before with no problems. I turn the breaker on and off again and now it shows 1 bar but wont charge when driving or holding RPM. Would the precharge circuit keep the engine from charging the IMA?

Old 01-03-2017, 08:09 PM

I've assembled packs dozens of times. I occasionally still make mistakes.

Codes please, not the description.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

P0ae1
p1570
61-1
86-1

these are the codes

Old 01-04-2017, 03:02 PM

Check the large white fuse under the plastic cover on the junction board for continuity.

P1570 means you likely have one or more bad cells, or a bad sensor connection.

Check your voltage taps:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...03/#post259837

If the difference between the minimum and the maximum is more than 0.2V, you likely have failed cells. If any of them show 0, you have likely broken a wire in your efforts.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 AM
Enthusiast

I can personally verify that this fix is valid. In my case I rolled down the hill on the road I live on going 15 I turned the ignition off then turned it back on, in my case my car did not restart but I coasted into my driveway. I parked it then turned the ignition on. I saw there was three charging bars so I did a test drive and drove around my block and it was charging again. Before I was getting all the symptoms including the red battery light every time the car had to stop at a red light.

I am going to still get my battery checked to make sure it isnt dying. Will keep you updated.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast

I have Honda civic 08... not changing 12v battery... no IMA light or check engine light on dash only the battery light on dash... I try reset but still same... Pls what can I do next..

Thanks

Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 PM

Don't cross post. Pick a thread and stick with it.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

What I do with my 2003 civic hybrid is everytime I stop driving it I disconnect the battery terminal. I bought a quick release terminal for 8 bucks. Then everytime before I drive I let it fully charge. If my IMA light ever comes on I get the car going about 30 in second gear and cut the car off for two seconds then cut it back on. Sometimes the IMA light goes off and sometimes doesnt. Either way I pull over after that and I cut the car off and unhook the quick release battery terminal. Leave it off 25-30 seconds. Then I connect it and start the car. I rev it right above 3000 rpms and make it fully charge. I do this 2 times. The next 3-5 times I just unhook the terminal and wait then reconnect and start the car and let it charge itself. If the IMA light comes on during this process I cut the car off and unhook the terminal then reconnect it. If the IMA lighr comes on I dont count it as a cycle. This helps my aftermarket IMA battery resync with my civic. Then Honda Dealership tild me they have no way to tell if a cell is bad or not in the battery. They also told me if you replace with a aftermarket IMA battery your car may never charge sync with the replacement.

Last edited by Cmaatt; 11-06-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Misspell

Quick Reply: Battery not charging? Easy way to reset IMA control modules

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands